259 North Lawrence Street
Under the direction of the Women Veterans Center’s (WVC) Manager, the WVC Coordinator helps facilitate a supportive and welcoming facility for women veterans and their families. The WVC Coordinator assists with the day-to-day operations of the Women Veterans Center, integrates women veterans into existing VMC provided services, helps maintain a comprehensive client data base, implements impactful programming, performs external outreach/awareness, and provides support to women veterans.
- Serves as a point of contact and liaison for women veterans and their families as they utilize the Center’s resources and services.
- Greets clients and visitors to the WVC in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of VMC services, events, and programs communicating as needed with consumers, external supporters, government officials, Veterans Administration (VA) officials, and well as the public.
- Enthusiastically shares information about all Veterans Multi-Service Center (VMC) related programs, activities, and services; including client participation requirements, location of services, and referral process for new clients.
- Must be comfortable supporting women veterans in crisis including exhibiting an understanding of challenges the client(s) faces to transition in a civilian-based environment.
- Participates in the planning, and implementation of a robust calendar of wellness, volunteer, fellowship, and special events for WVC. These activities take place both off and on-site during regular and non-regular work hours.
- Utilizing CRM (Customer Relationship Management) Software and maintain strict client confidentially and privacy protocols, manages, records, and ensures accuracy of all client-related data including intake forms, sign-in sheets, participation waivers, token tracking, and vouchers.
- Interviews veterans and their dependents as part of intake services; review potential client’s military, social and medical histories to collect information pertinent for internal/external programmatic, therapeutic, and wellness referrals.
- Consults with medical care providers/VSO staff/behavioral health providers regarding specific benefits to which veterans or their dependents may be entitled and aid in their acquisition of benefits.
- Shares VMC/WVC related messaging, at events and outreach activities to market VMC/WVC awareness.
- Creates WVC related social media content including Facebook posts, Eventbrite invites, Canva images etc.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Women veteran preferred, must understand CRM Software, customer service experience, and have nonprofit organizational experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
Pay rate commensurate with skills and experience
Veterans Multi-Service Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Comprehensive Benefits Package Includes: medical, vision, dental, holidays, paid time-off, 401k
Minimum Education Required