Lower Valley, a division of Self-Help Federal Credit Union (SHFCU) is currently undergoing dynamic growth in its retail credit union operations in California and more recently in Illinois. Under the direction of the IT/IS managers, Help Desk Support Specialists work with all staff at SHFCU and our brand organizations. Specifically, s/he is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and/or software. S/he will respond to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions.
Help Desk Support Specialists Essential Responsibilities:
- Provide in-person or over the phone technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to equipment, software, and hardware
- Provide on-the-spot training to computer users when necessary
- Oversee daily performance of computer systems throughout the SHFCU network
- Respond timely to e-mail messages from those seeking help
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem
- Walk SHFCU staff through problem-solving process(es)
- Install, modify, clean, and/or repair computer hardware and software as needed
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems
- Install/troubleshoot computer peripherals for users
- Follow up with SHFCU staff to ensure issue(s) have been resolved
- Log feedback from SHFCU staff about computer usage issues and help desk experience
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, and projects as assigned.
Help Desk Support Specialists Credentials, Experience and Skills:
- A highly eager and energetic individual looking forward to learning and excelling in the IT field.
- Computer Science degree, IT training, on the job experience or equivalent IT certification(s)
- Intermediate understanding of networking concepts/computer hardware components.
- One to two years’ experience in IT/IS in a financial industry (credit union, bank, mortgage company, investment company, etc.)
- Knowledge of electronic banking equipment and software
- Experience with Active Directory · Experience with Office365 administration
- Experience with web conferencing technology
- Strong commitment to our mission – creating economic opportunity for traditionally underserved communities.
- Minimum one (1) year of hands-on IT/IS experience in a high-pace, large or multi-location organization
- Strong understanding of cultural competency
- Preference for working in organizations that place priority on teamwork and collaboration
- Strong communication skills – verbal, written, and analytical.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems timely.
- Acknowledges, greets and responds quickly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Remains professional when dealing with negative situations. Demonstrated ability to work with confidence and ease at all levels within the credit union
- Strong computer skills, along with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and traditional office products (copiers, fax machines, ten-keys, etc.)
- Strong aptitude for computer, data, and internet processing.
- Ability to work under pressure, to meet deadlines, and to multi-task effectively
- Listens and seeks clarification; responds professionally and positively to questions.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Uses training opportunities to improve technical and customer service ability
- May need to travel up to 25% of the time within SHFCU and all brand organizations
- Intermediate working knowledge of IT security · Ability to meticulously document, organize, and follow processes, fixes, solutions, and alternatives
Physical Requirements: Frequently requires use of manual dexterity and repetitive motions, primarily with the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Must be able to occasionally lift and exert force of up to 40 pounds.
Compensation: Competitive salary, based on experience, plus a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life insurance, flexible spending plan, retirement plan, paid parental leave, and domestic partners policy
Self-Help is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons, regardless of race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression (including transgender status), age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, class or family status.