1060 South Amphlett Boulevard
PCRC is a communication and dispute resolution non-profit organization serving San Mateo County for over 30 years. We are a dynamic organization, with a team of 27-30 highly skilled staff, and over 250 dedicated volunteers. We partner with individuals, groups and institutions to empower people, build relationships, and reduce violence through collaborative and innovative processes. We assist clients in solving their most complex personal, organizational, and social challenges by utilizing strategies in mediation, facilitation, training and coaching. We rely on our organizational principles of inclusivity, congruency, collaboration, communication and respect to positively impact communities throughout the county.
We are looking for an Engagement Specialist to work throughout San Mateo County. The ideal candidate is an individual committed to increasing and maintaining relationships with students and their family members to connect them to resources, provide training, facilitation and coaching services. The Engagement Specialist will service on both PCRC’s Empowering Youth and Strengthening Families teams.
Reports to the Manager
Oversees youth and family volunteers and interns
· Ensure program congruence with PCRC’s mission, vision, values, and business plan,
· Deliver high quality children, youth and family support programming based on the agency’s core competencies,
· Support collaboration between various school, youth/family service-agencies, and community members,
· Meet data and other administrative deliverables,
· Collaborates with the team to deliver high quality training for various partners,
· Participate as an agency member in various meetings and events
· Represent PCRC in the community and connect the agency with potential individual, community, and institutional partners,
· Conducts community outreach for upcoming trainings at schools and community events by using a variety of strategies including flyers, presentations at parent meetings, tabling at community events, phone calls to families,
· Mediate, facilitate, and train as needed by the agency,
· Other duties may be assigned and prioritized in conversation with the supervisor
· Bachelor's degree or minimum of three years experience working with and for children, youth and families
· Training in facilitation and 40-hour basic mediation or equivalent. * If not trained at time of hire, PCRC will provide the trainings to be completed outside of work hours as a term of employment
· Ability to work collaboratively with families in a school setting as well as partners and community members
· Familiarity with Restorative Justice Practices, Conflict Resolution, and Mediation
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in English and Spanish (Highly Desired)
· Successful experience in a school or non-profit setting
· Cultural competency to work with families from diverse backgrounds
· Able to work independently and adapt easily to new protocols and changing environments
· Proven ability to communicate effectively with various levels of an organization and collaborative partners
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word/File Maker Pro applications/Excel
· Successful experience working effectively in partnership and collaboration with a broad range of individuals and constituencies of diverse cultural backgrounds
· Ability to remain neutral and professional in emotionally charged situations
· Willingness to promote the integrity and neutrality of PCRC
· Reliable transportation, valid California Driver’s license, and appropriate auto insurance
Salary: $38,000- 43,000 Annual full-time, this is an exempt position offering a competitive salary and a compensation package that includes medical, dental, life insurance, 403(B) plan, vacation, and holidays.
Please send your resume and cover letter in PDF format
NO LATER THAN Friday, August 13, 2018 at 5:00 PM
Please include “Program Specialist” in the subject line of your email.
PCRC is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available person in every position. Our policy prohibits discrimination made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. In addition, PCRC is striving to become an organization that reflects the demographic makeup of the community we serve.
This is an exempt position offering a competitive salary and a compensation package that includes medical, dental, life insurance, 403(B) plan, vacation, and holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish (highly desirable)
Minimum Education Required