38 Ash Street
BCNC Acorn is currently seeking for a full-time (37.5 hours per week) English-Speaking Cooperating Teacher to work in our dual language toddler classroom. The qualified teacher will work with the Chinese Speaking Cooperating Teacher to share the following responsibilities: care of the children, classroom management, record keeping, curriculum development, child assessment and parent communication. Cooperating Teachers train and supervise Assistant Teachers, foster grandparents, senior recruits, substitutes and volunteers. S/he also works with the Center’s Program Director on program goals and development. The Cooperating Teacher is supervised by the Acorn Director who supports the work of families, children and teaching staff. Wage: Competitive salary with education and experience.
Skills and Experience Required:
· AA in ECE or related field. Candidates without a Bachelor Degree must enroll in a degree program within the first year of hire to work toward completion of a Bachelor Degree in this area.
· Meet EEC health, background check and finger printing requirement
· Excellent oral and written skills in English
· Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) Infant/Toddler Teacher Certificate
· Evidence and ability to relate well to children, staff and families
· Able to work well in a multicultural environment
· Bachelor Degree or Higher in ECE or related field
· Experience working with toddler age children in a bilingual setting
· Up to date First Aid/CPR certification
· EEC Lead Teacher Infant/Toddler Certification
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (with or without accommodation) Must be able to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, finger, grasp, feel, talk, hear, and be capable of repetitive motion. Position requires exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly. Work requires close visual acuity. Position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center (BCNC) is the largest nonprofit social service provider dedicated to Asian families in the Greater Boston area, supporting over 2,000 children, youth, and adults each year at three locations in Boston and Quincy. The mission of BCNC is to ensure that the children, youth, and families we serve have the resources and supports they need to achieve greater economic success and social well-being. BCNC helps families access the resources and services available to them, provides opportunities for them to learn and acquire skills, and creates a community of mutual support and encouragement.
BCNC is an equal opportunity employer. Resumes accepted until position is filled.
Full time benefits including paid holidays, vacation & sick time offs. Also group insurances.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.