110 Wall Street
Position: Social Media, Marketing and Development Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Development
Keep a Child Alive (KCA) seeks an energetic, motivated self-starter with experience and interest in social media, design and fundraising to join our lean – but vibrant - team. The position will report into the Director of Development, and work closely with the Programs Manager, Finance Department and Executive Director. The Coordinator will be exposed to all areas of communications and fundraising, and will have responsibility for specific revenue goals (particularly from KCA Community and social media activities). S/he will also manage the Raisers Edge database and write and design selected donor acknowledgements, social media and other donor collateral materials. The Coordinator will provide support for a variety of cultivation, fundraising and stewardship initiatives and events.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Develop dynamic multimedia social campaigns, relying on analytics and nonprofit best practices and benchmarks (in collaboration with key staff).
· Social media channel owner where responsibilities include driving the strategy and oversight for social media campaigns, social media marketing plan, on-line content and generation of inbound traffic. Responsible for implementation through Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
· Create strategies to increase Keep a Child Alive’s social media followers and their level of engagement.
· Help develop overarching social media and email marketing strategy; build out editorial calendar.
· Promote community fundraising events (e.g., AIDS Walk NY, NYC Marathon, Five Boro Bike Tour).
· Monitor KCA’s social feeds and respond to comments/posting as appropriate.
· Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact/success.
· Follow other relevant social media and keep staff informed of news or activities related to our work.
· Work with Development Director to create and implement on-line fundraising campaigns.
· Design graphics for use on social media and other on-line purposes.
· Promote opportunities for the public (“community”) to raise money for KCA through special campaigns (e.g., birthdays, weddings, marathons, etc.)
· Use KCA’s social media to maximize fundraising of KCA Community participants.
· Serve as the staff liaison to members of the community who are raising money to support KCA.
· Design social media kits and social graphics to support corporate campaigns and events.
· Reach out and build a relationship with our KCA Community via email or social
- Work closely with the Finance Department in processing donor gifts and take responsibility for gift entry into the Raisers Edge database.
· Generate acknowledgement letters and help spearhead other donor stewardship activities in a timely manner.
- Support aspects of planning and execution of cultivation and fundraising events.
· Manage the database and provide reporting and analytics for the department.
- Responsible for segmenting and exporting data for all appeals and e-solicitations.
- Provide analysis of appeals throughout the year.
· Develop/design Powerpoint presentations for meetings.
· Research new prospects and grant opportunities.
· Contribute ideas and strategies for new fundraising initiatives.
· Special projects as needed.
· Passionate about Keep a Child Alive’s mission.
· Exceptional relationship building and listening skills.
· Comfortable working with various constituencies and skilled in articulating the mission of Keep a Child Alive.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and manage multiple demands.
- Engaging, resilient, positive, high energy personality; strategic thinker and creative.
- Experience working with Social Media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.) and conducting online outreach on behalf of an organization preferred.
· Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media (provide links to profiles as examples)
- Graphic design abilities.
· Problem solver who seeks win-win solutions, builds bridges and relationships within and outside the organization.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is a plus (if not, we will provide access to on-line training).
· Discretion and professional judgment in dealing with highly confidential donor information
· Exceptional people skills and high level of proficiency in written and oral communication skills.
· Works well independently as well as in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
· Sense of humor is a plus.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive salary benefit package. For consideration, please email your resume with desired salary range, to: Careers@keepachildalive.org.
Keep a Child Alive provides competitive benefits, including fully health and dental insurance (fully paid by employer), vision, 401k with employer match, life insurance, PTO, personal days, and more.
Level of Language Proficiency
English fluency required.
Minimum Education Required