About KIPP Bay Area Public Schools
KIPP is a non-profit network of 209 college-preparatory, public charter schools around the country educating early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are united by a common mission, a commitment to excellence, and a belief that if we help children develop the academic and character strengths they need for college and choice filled lives, they will be able to build a better tomorrow for themselves, for their communities, and for us all.
There are currently 15 KIPP schools in the Bay Area educating over 5,200 students in East Palo Alto, Oakland, San Francisco, San Lorenzo, San Jose, and Redwood City.
Our schools are looking for talented and committed educators to serve as teachers for our elementary, middle, and high school classrooms. Our teachers will aid in the establishment of curriculum and culture as they develop a world-class education program from the stages of vision to execution.
We realize that the outcomes our students deserve necessitate continuously strong teaching from the time our students enter kindergarten until they graduate from college. As such, our teachers will work closely with each school’s leadership team to ensure our students learn, grow, and eventually achieve transformative life outcomes. Each teacher will be responsible for ensuring that our students have the opportunity to learn in an environment of joyful, excellent teaching.
Above all else, the ideal teacher will find joy and purpose in teaching children the habits necessary to be successful in school, and s/he will relish the opportunity to imbue our students with a love for learning. S/he must also be committed to KIPP Bay Area Public School’s mission, while possessing the beliefs, character traits, and skills necessary to ensure student growth and achievement.
All KIPP teachers must…
- Hold a valid teaching credential or be in the process of securing one (please click here to learn more)
- Be committed to working with educationally underserved students
- Believe all students can achieve at the highest academic levels
- Possess strong content area knowledge and classroom management skills
- Teach in our extended day and year schedule (click here to view a sample schedule)
- Contribute to a relentless and dedicated team of outstanding professionals
- Communicate well with students, families, and colleagues
- Experience as an educator in a traditionally underserved community for one or more years with demonstrated strong achievement results and documented growth on formative assessments
- Spanish, Arabic, Vietnamese or Mandarin speaking proficiency
We are dedicated to you and your family's well-being! KIPP offers a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits. Although KIPP does not post salary scales, we are happy to walk candidates through the compensation package.
Ready to apply? Click here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/kippbayarea/job/oLKv7fwR
KIPP Bay Area Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, national origin or ancestry, cultural background, religious creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital/registered domestic partner status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, primary language, citizenship or immigration status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for the position click here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/kippbayarea/job/oLKv7fwR