Details: $17.01/hr - $19.66/hr
9320 Southwest Barbur Boulevard
Foster Care Adoption Clinician – part-time 20 hours, serving Southern Oregon and surrounding areas
Position Open Until Filled
Boys & Girls Aid
Join a dynamic, high quality, trauma-informed nonprofit organization committed to building connections for a lifetime to improve the well-being of children for over 130 years. Regardless of age or background, we believe children belong in families that are permanent and stable. The Foster Care Adoption Clinician plays a vital role in this commitment.
The Foster Care Adoption Clinician is responsible for all aspects related to the assessment of safe and appropriate families and the placement of children in these homes.
- Use clinical skills to provide comprehensive assessments for prospective adoptive families. Provide a home study report reflecting this assessment.
- Facilitate the adoption matching process to identify children’s needs and waiting families’ strengths to meet those needs.
- Communicate with DHS and other community partners to gather information about waiting children and present waiting families at DHS Adoption Committees (including out of state families).
- Coordinate the transition and placement of adoptive children and provide monthly supervision of children in their adoptive placement.
- Complete all required finalization paperwork; including supervision reports, court reports and adoption assistance applications.
Requires a Master’s Degree with one year post graduate experience, or a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field plus four years of relevant experience in social work, child development, counseling or psychology, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in special needs adoption, mental health, family assessment, and conflict management skills preferred.
Must be able to provide appropriate services and interact appropriately with people from diverse socio-economic, racial, ethnic, and other cultural groups.
Must possess a valid driver’s license from state of residence (Oregon or Washington), personal automobile liability insurance, reliable personal transportation, and pass a DMV driving record check.
Must successfully pass pre-employment reference checks, criminal background check, including, if applicable, fingerprinting.
Minimum Education Required