Details: Competitive, comprehensive benefits package
REDF is a pioneering venture philanthropy organization that invests exclusively in the growth and effectiveness of social enterprises―mission-driven businesses dedicated to helping people who otherwise would be shut out of the workforce, get jobs, keep jobs, and build a better life. Since 1997, REDF has provided funding and specialized advisory services to over 140 social enterprises in 23 states. Together, these businesses have employed over 28,000 people, and earned $505 million in revenue (and counting).
It’s an investment that works—$2.23 in benefits for every $1.00 spent.
The broader impact is in lives transformed, as people find not just work but hope, pride, belonging, and self-sufficiency. When people work, we leverage all of the talent available to our country. Families and communities are stronger—and so is our entire society.
Marketing and Communications Associate
REDF is looking for an experienced marketing/communications person to join our team. Are you a strategic, creative, well-rounded professional, with strong writing and digital skills? An organized, proactive project planner, who can keep things on track and deliver with excellence? Someone who knows their way around a website – both the front and back end? As comfortable with analytics as you are with storytelling? Do you believe that not only is email marketing not dead, it’s experiencing a resurgence? Someone who believes in a growth mind-set? A social-do-gooder (or aspiring one), with an easy sense of humor who wants to use your formidable skill set improve lives? Well then, read on.
● Member of team that will be developing and launching a new WordPress website for REDF.org (ETA early 2019).
● In the meantime, keep current website up to date and functional, including editing existing content and building new pages as needed.
● Maintain and troubleshoot website issues, coordinating efforts with developers.
● Work with internal staff photographer to schedule, shoot, and finalize staff photos.
● Monitor and direct firstname.lastname@example.org emails.
· Manage the planning, development, scheduling, execution, and analysis of email marketing efforts.
● Maintain REDF’s current email list and help build and improve it
● Identify and implement new lead generation tests and tactics, continually seeking to drive improved results.
● Partner with your Mar/Comm colleagues to develop and execute social media plan including developing “big ideas” for campaigns, writing content. Use creative tools (e.g., Canva, IMovie) to create and develop assets.
● Help create, manage, and optimize the performance of paid social media campaigns to reach our ambitious benchmarks.
● Monitor and evaluate social media analytics on Facebook, Twitter, etc. Share results, and adjust campaigns to improve performance/ROI.
● Manage/monitor social media budget.
● Help develop and present engaging quarterly reports that keep REDF staff abreast of our social media strategy and progress.
● Keep abreast of the success stories our social enterprises share on their websites/social media, and help us continue to build our story bank
● Provide support on our regional partnership work, including collecting, editing, and proofing stories which share the successful outcomes of the people who go through a social enterprise program
● Fine-tune/update existing collateral and help develop new pieces; update the website; and develop/write blogs
● Keep REDF’s general PPT up to date, revise as needed
● Perform varied marketing and communication tasks related to donor and programmatic events
● Provide general administrative support for the marketing and communications department, including ordering business cards, creating bios, managing the website info box, etc.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent.
● 5+ years of relevant marketing experience.
● Detailed-oriented, very strong project management skills
● Demonstrated ability to write and tell stories in a variety of mediums for a variety of target audiences
● Familiarity with nonprofit fundraising
● At least 2 years’ experience working with Wordpress,
● Proficiency with MailChimp, or other marketing software tools.
● In-depth knowledge and understanding of the social platforms and their respective audiences; experience implementing best practices on each one.
● Experience using social publishing/scheduling/engagement tools (Buffer preferred).
● Experience with Google Analytics and social media analytics tools
● Successful management of paid advertising campaigns on Facebook and Twitter.
● Proficiency in Canva or Photoshop, IMovie, Google Apps, Excel, and PowerPoint
● Skilled communicator, collaborator, and relationship builder
● Basic understanding of HTML
● Knowledge of SalesForce
● Energetic, enthusiastic, disciplined, hardworking, team player
● Able to thrive, pivot when needed, prioritize, and work independently
● Strong design sensibility
● Desire to learn and continuously improve
● True sense of ownership and a passion for results
● Deeply inspired REDF’s mission
● A sense of humor
Ability to help craft REDF’s next 20 years of impact
Work with passionate, dedicated people
Apply your passion for social change in your career
Operate with a high degree of autonomy in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one document via REDF’s applicant portal. Additionally, please note that applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
REDF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with staff members and prospective employees, and will not discriminate against applicants for employment because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sex, or sexual orientation. REDF encourages employment applications from people who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities REDF serves. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, REDF will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you need an accommodation to complete the online application, please call 415.561.6633. Please leave a message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call within one business day. Alternatively, send an email to email@example.com with “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.