ADULT FOSTER CARE (AFC) REGISTERED NURSE BILINGUAL RUSSIAN SPEAKING PREF.
- Job posted by Central Boston Elder Services
2315 Washington Street
The AFC Nurse reports to the Director of Nursing. The Nurse is responsible for providing assistance and oversight with the clinical component of "the Adult Foster Care program" to ensure full compliance with all applicable State (MassHealth, Executive Office of Health and Human Services, and the Executive Office of Elder Affairs) and Federal regulations, and Central Boston Elder Services (CBES) Policies and Procedures.The AFC nurse works collaboratively with Director of Special Programs, (AFC) Manager, other supervisors and directors. S/he promotes CBES’ mission statement, represents CBES in the community, participates in workshops, events and other activities in conjunction with the agency Community Relations Department and Management Team as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Human Services preferred, and a minimum of 3 years clinical experience, one of which must have been in Community Nursing.
- Those possessing associate's degree must have an additional two years of community based nursing experience or long term care direct service experience.
- Registered Nurse fully licensed by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing. (One year experience for bachelor's degree holder or two year experience for associate's degree holder).
- Experience working in an Aging Services Access Point organization preferred with a working knowledge of Home Care, Special Programs, Medicare and Medicaid regulations and/or community resources and reimbursement systems for health and social services.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer-based recordkeeping and reporting systems to collect and analyze data.
- SAMS experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation and training skills.
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability, strong interpersonal and team building skills for working within a diverse interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to communicate a positive attitude, to assist in motivating staff to maximum level of performance and involvement and in negotiating differences and resolving conflicts.
- Ability to function well under pressure in a fast-pace human service environment.
- Ability to be flexible, open and responsive to on-going industry changes.
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients and coworkers in urban, multi-ethnic and racially diverse environment.
- Ability to provide leadership in supporting and enhancing the diversity of CBES staff and clients.
- Must be organized and detail oriented, possess strong time management and priority settings skills with the ability to handle diverse responsibilities and to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Has the capacity to provide supervision on home care client assessment issues.
- Has an ability to carry a laptop and walk up and down 3 sets of stairs.
Great Benefit package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Russian Bilingual Preferred but not mandatory.
Minimum Education Required