5 Penn Plaza
The Development Operations Assistant will provide administrative support to enhance the back-end functions of a growing and dynamic fundraising program. This position involves a mix of database work and customer service. This position will serve as a back-up for our Member Services staff and at times may have direct contact with our donors, providing excellent customer service. This position will be a member of the Development Operations team and will be cross-trained on various database tasks regarding donation processing, data hygiene, and recording results in the membership database.
- Process and deposit donations that arrive in-house on a daily basis. This includes cash, checks, EFT, stocks, gifts from 3rd party systems, and credit cards. Process Reversal/Adjustment gifts including declines, chargebacks, and refunds.
- Create packages to send to lockbox, track contents and report on receipt/processing of donations. Review gifts received back from lockbox vendor and enter any gifts or comments. Track contents of packages on each end to insure completeness and accuracy.
- Monitor data hygiene queues in database and suggest enhancements to automate cleaning up records with common issues, manually updating accounts where necessary.
- Processing daily external telemarketing files and weekly internal telemarketing files (both donations and result files).
- Serve as a back-up to Member Services. Answer phone and email requests from donors. Trouble-shoot customer service questions, resolve and respond to issues in a timely manner. Make changes to accounts in the database, send letters and notifications of account updates to donors.
- Provide administrative support to Direct Response unit.
- Other duties as assigned.
Excellent computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office – particularly Word and Excel. Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, to handle pressure and multiple projects simultaneously, manage work under tight deadlines, and see tasks through to completion. Must be able to take initiative and show excellent problem solving ability. Good communication skills. Proactivity and ability to multi-task a must. Positive, can-do attitude essential.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/amnesty-international-usa
Due to the large volume of applications, we are only able to contact those applicants who are selected for interviews.
AIUSA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minimum Education Required