Women Deliver is a leading global advocacy organization. We build capacity, forge partnerships, create networks, develop messages and catalyze actions that spark political commitment and investment in the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women throughout the world. We bring together diverse voices and interests to share solutions and drive progress in gender equality and maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights.
Summary of Position:
The Senior Associate, Youth Engagement, will play an important programmatic role in Women Deliver’s efforts to enhance the participation and influence of young people on policies and investments for gender equality and girls’ and women’s health, rights, and wellbeing, globally.
This newly created role will report to the Senior Manager, Youth Engagement, and will be a member of the Youth Engagement Team. The Senior Associate will support the award-winning Women Deliver Young Leaders Program, focusing on managing its grants initiative, that to date has provided $400,000 in small grants to Young Leaders on 83 different time-bound, advocacy-oriented projects designed by the Young Leaders themselves.
- Serves as project manager of the Young Leaders Program grant making and grant management processes.
- Provides technical assistance to Young Leader grant recipients, including around developing the proposal, the program design and development, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation, communications, advocacy tactics, campaign development and more.
- Supports the development and delivery of grant-related reporting and training materials, including additional skills building workshops and webinars to improve Young Leaders’ skills in advocacy, communications, and grant management.
- Works closely with Women Deliver’s finance, program quality and legal teams to ensure best practices are followed pertaining to grant agreements and disbursement of funds.
- Works closely with the Senior Communications Associate to identify newsworthy stories based on Young Leaders’ activities and accomplishments.
- Works closely with the Associate on knowledge management to track and monitor results of Young Leaders’ efforts.
- Other activities and duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
- 4-6 years of professional experience in international development and/or grant administration strongly preferred; focus on sexual and reproductive health and rights, youth, and/or gender a plus.
- Knowledge of key issues in sexual and reproductive health and rights, gender equality, and meaningful youth engagement.
- Strong understanding of advocacy and campaign tactics for policy change at local, national, and regional levels.
- Results-based management and monitoring, evaluation, and learning experience preferred.
- Ability to work in diverse, cross-cultural environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and project management experience.
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and conduct work independently.
- Ability to design and implement creative, analytical approaches to improve programs and projects.
- Strong attention to detail and a track record of consistently delivering high-quality work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and resourcefulness in solving problems.
- Strong skills using Microsoft Word and Excel, familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally, if needed.
- Must be eligible work in the United States without sponsorship.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org