Member Leadership and Action (MLA) Capacity Coordinator
- Job posted by Service Employees International Union - SEIU
District of Columbia
SEIU (Service Employees International Union)
Job Title: Member Leadership and Action (MLA) Capacity Coordinator Grade: C, Starting Salary- $83, 218/ Annual
Location: Washington, D.C.
Provide support, education and training, planning assistance and programmatic assistance to locals in order to meet their goal of engaging 10% of their members in the Fight for a Fair Economy campaigns.
· Work directly with local unions to plan, develop and implement the unionwide Member Leadership and Action program. Engage with locals on integrated planning that addresses all local and national priorities.
· Develop programs that ensure that SEIU members have increased and meaningful involvement and leadership roles in the primary goals of the union,.
· Create and evaluate pilots and serve as the models of member leadership development.
· Develop curriculum and provide education and training and support for local union staff, and member leaders. Plan and oversee production of materials for the program.
Mentoring of local union staff as needed.
· Research and identify Local best practices and existing resources that relate to leadership development and functions of the local, including those around division goals, and establish a system to catalogue and organize local best practices information in a way that is sustainable.
· Assess the organizational development needs of local unions and make available IU resources for locals to access.
· Perform other duties as required to support the department and its mission. Contacts:
The Member Leadership and Action Committee of the SEIU Executive Board; SEIU Local leaders and staff and members;
Direction and Decision Making:
This position reports to the MLA Capacity Director.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. At least 5 years of experience demonstrating progressively greater responsibility in a union, political or issue-driven environment; 3 years of experience in developing member and staff leaders, implementing and evaluating programs; organizing in a union, political, or community context.
This position is based in the Washington, D.C. office, but will require work in other settings conducive to performing the tasks required to complete assignments. Travel and work beyond traditional business hours is required.
A resume is required for all applications and a cover letter is highly suggested. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU staff enjoy top notch benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, competitive salaries, generous holidays and vacation policies, and both a pension plan and a 401(K) Plan.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/92s37zxn8jwfhxg7
Minimum Education Required