1101 15th Street NW Suite 1200
RESULTS is a dynamic organization dedicated to the end of poverty in the United States and around the world. Combining in-depth research and legislative expertise, we support a movement of grassroot volunteer advocates across the country who are using their voices to build the political will necessary to end poverty.
We are seeking a self-motivated and creative fundraiser to help us build a strong major donor program that will more deeply engage our current base of supporters to grow their giving while also identifying opportunities to engage new potential major donors. Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving, the Major Gifts Officer will be responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual major donors for RESULTS and RESULTS Educational Fund (RESULTS). The Major Gifts Officer will be responsible for meeting or exceeding our major donor budget by maintaining an active portfolio of donors and supporting the Director of Individual Giving and Executive Director to manage their portfolios.
- Actively manage a portfolio of 50-150 qualified major donors
- Cultivate, solicit and steward qualified prospects and donors of $1,000 or more to support the work of RESULTS.
- Identify and qualify new potential major donors
- Oversee the Champions Circle stewardship program for donors giving $1,000 or more
- Create new ways to engage major donors and increase their affinity for the organization
- Maintain accurate and timely records for major donors and a moves management system in our donor database
- Produce, in coordination with program and communications staff, proposals and reports for major donors
- Travel regularly to engage current and prospective donors
- Manage, in coordination with other development staff, major donor stewardship events, including the major donor reception at the annual International Conference and high-level fundraising events
- Minimum of three to five years of fundraising experience; specific experience in major gifts a strong plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Event planning experience a plus
- Experience with donor databases and move management systems
- Passion for ending poverty and advocacy
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Comfortable meeting deadlines and managing competing priorities
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, strategic, creative, and able to work comfortably both independently and as part of a team
- Experience working for both 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) organizations a plus
- Experience with volunteer-based organizations a plus
- Ability to travel around the country at an average of one trip per month. Valid driver's license preferred.
Comprehensive package incl: health/dental/vision; life/disability insurance; retirement, and health care/dependent care/transportation flex spending
RESULTS is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, or any other protected status. For more information about RESULTS, please visit our website at www.results.org
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive, and interviews with qualified candidates will be scheduled immediately. Please send cover letter, resume and one writing samples to to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Major Gifts Officer” in the subject line of your email.