1630 South Street
Are you looking for the opportunity to use your skills and experience to help those who are in need? Bethesda Project has a great opportunity for you to use your skills as the Manager of Communication and Events.
The Manager of Communications and Events is responsible for carrying out Bethesda Project’s mission through extensive event planning and effective communications strategies. This position requires keen attention to detail and thorough understanding of event planning and marketing/communications/public relations tactics. The ideal candidate will be comfortable taking ownership of projects in a fast-paced environment, exhibit a desire to grow professionally, and have a compassionate approach to serving Bethesda Project’s homeless population.
This postion is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Applicants must be available to interview at our Administrative Offices, no travel reimbursements are available.
Reports to: Director of Development
- Manage planning calendars and logistics for major annual events; Secure sponsorships, program ads, attendees, and gross profit for each organizational event; Identify resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities. Propose new ideas to improve event planning and process.
- Develop, promote, and achieve media placements in print and online; Write and distribute press releases, news alerts, calendar listings, and related public relations materials; Create and maintain content for organizational website, social media platforms, and monthly e-newsletter; Assist with fundraising campaigns; Represent Bethesda Project at various tabling events, agency fairs, and community speaking engagements
- Provide analysis of social media analytics and ROI of marketing initiatives, to inform development of future strategies.
- Serve as liaison for our Young Professionals Advisory Board (YPAB).
- Work collaboratively on fundraising and marketing activities.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of two years of professional communications experience required.
- Prior special event planning or project management required.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.
- Willingness to work extended hours at event time to ensure successful execution of all event elements.
- Familiarity with SquareSpace, MailChimp and Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Valid state driver's license, preferred.
Employer - sponsored benefits plan, paid time off, 403 (b) plan
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
f you are interested in applying for any of the above positions, please visit our website or Click Here to Apply
Please format attachments as Word or PDF files.
We regret that we are unable to personally acknowledge receipt of employment inquiries due to the large number of submissions that we receive. No phone calls, please.