Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
This position is primarily responsible for collaborating with the Director of Development to raise funding from institutional sources. This includes writing grant proposals and reports for foundations and corporations; keeping track of deadlines and funder data; supporting prospect research; and helping to steward current funders. Duties also include coordinating corporate volunteerism for UNH and on behalf of UNH members, and supporting fundraising from individual donors, and UNH’s growing internal and external communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Compiling information for and writing reports and proposals for foundations and other funders;
· Maintaining the database and other spreadsheet tracking tools of information on institutional funders;
· Preparing and managing the schedule for reports and proposals;
· Researching new institutional funders;
· Supporting donor cultivation and stewardship strategies;
· Managing pass-thru grants to UNH members;
· Managing volunteer opportunities and giveaways that come through UNH for its members;
· Supporting the Senior Development Associate with fundraising from individuals, mailing lists, and events support; and
· Supporting the Senior Communications Associate in preparing and sending internal and external communications, including social media management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
· Knowledge of the nonprofit sector and policy issues preferred
· Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills
· Experience using Microsoft Office products, including Excel preferred
· Experience collecting, maintaining, and utilizing data a plus
· Evidence of attention to detail
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines
· Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with staff and funders
· B.A. or equivalent degree
UNH offers excellent medical, dental, and retirement plans.
Minimum Education Required