GO Northwest Housing Resource Center, a community based nonprofit organization is seeking an energetic, resourceful, solution oriented relationship builder to conduct, expand and manage community development programs to grow and sustain community investment and revitalization in selected NW Baltimore communities. This position requires ongoing liaison and consensus building with community members, stakeholders, government, business and nonprofit organizations; implementing, managing, and promoting homeownership and home improvement, neighborhoods, and related programs; producing and completing grant deliverables and writing grant reports; securing resources for assigned projects, and working hands -on in neighborhoods with community members and stakeholders.
GO Northwest is a HUD approved housing counseling organization that equips individuals to obtain, maintain, and retain their homes successfully, and provides access to resources to residents/stakeholders to strengthen, grow and sustain their neighborhoods.
Responsibilities for the Community Outreach/Development Manager include:
· Conduct, expand and manage homeownership/community development programs in partner communities to attract new homebuyers, engage existing homeowners in home improvement, and invest in their homes and community.
· Implement program intake, processes, and management to help residents secure renovations/ improvements for their homes.
· Build/maintain community relationships and collaborations to implement and gain support for community development and related projects; increase resident investment to maintain homeownership and sustain the community.
· Collaborate with public and private sector organizations to improve and sustain condition, appeal and development of residential and commercial areas in partner communities
· Identify, engage, and organize residents in community promotion, implementing community projects and events, and accessing resources to address community issues.
· Identify and secure opportunities, support and partnerships to implement and promote community development programs/projects.
· Promote selected communities and homeownership/ community incentive programs to attract new homebuyers to and retain resident investment in partner communities.
· Develop and implement marketing activities and communications to educate current and potential residents on resources and programs to improve and maintain their homes and communities, and promote their communities as viable homeownership destinations.
· Produce reports, documentation and content for Center and funder activities, updates, and grants on neighborhood and program progress and outcomes.
· Capture, track, compile and maintain program/project and neighborhood data, resources, outcomes, achievements for Center use and distribution.
· Participate in fund development for program operations.
· Attend/participate in Center, community, funder and program related meetings and activities.
· Excellent interpersonal, consensus and relationship building skills: demonstrated ability to quickly build and maintain rapport/networks with diverse stakeholders, possessing effective customer service skills.
· Experience in community engagement to achieve program/project goals and outcomes
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills: making presentations and responding to inquiries from diverse audiences.
· Experience in use of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) and social media. Demonstrated ability in using digital and traditional marketing tools (online, print, events).
· Ability to prioritize, adapt, and effectively manage multiple tasks/deadlines in a fast paced and changing work environment – possesses strong time management skills
· Strong analytical, administrative and organizational skills: demonstrated ability in problem resolution, program management and handling challenging situations in a calm and professional manner.
· A self-starter and self-directed; proven ability to work autonomously and as part of a team: demonstrates initiative, enthusiasm, resourcefulness, discretion and judgement in executing job responsibilities.
· Working knowledge of Baltimore City neighborhoods and community development issues
· Maintain confidentiality and professional image.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or higher and at least 3 years work experience in community organizing, engagement, marketing, communications or related fields; AA degree in the above fields with at least 5 years’ experience; r non-degreed professional with 7 years or more experience in the above fields may be considered.
· Working experience implementing and managing community based programs/projects desired.
· Possess basic math skills
· Ability to lift at least 20 lbs., carry, set up/ break down equipment, activities, displays
· Able to operate office equipment and technology. i.e., computer hardware and software systems, copiers, fax, phones, projector, camera
· Independent transportation is a must. Must have valid driver’s license, insurance and own operable motor vehicle.
· Early morning, evening and weekend hours required as determined by program need or as assigned
Responsibilities listed do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Please email strong cover letter and resume to Mereida Goodman, email@example.com.
GO Northwest Housing Resource Center, a community based nonprofit organization is seeking an energetic, resourceful, solution oriented relationship builder to conduct, expand and manage community development programs to grow…
Vacation and sick leave
Vacation and sick leave