Details: Competitive Compensation Package
42 South Dove Street
We are seeking Middle School ELA Teachers (6-8). The ideal candidate will bring a passion for the mission of Albany Community Charter School, an understanding and respect for the culture of all students and their families, and a desire for working in a school setting that fosters a love for children.
Middle School Teachers Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning
· Ensure lessons are rigorous, clear, measurable, and aligned with Common Core State Standards
· Develop and use a variety of assessments (e.g., exams, written work, and public performances) that frequently measure student progress toward the school’s content and skill standards
· Maintain an organized classroom environment that facilitates learning
· Ensure that students master grade-level standards
· Maintain and communicate high academic and personal expectations for all students
· Incorporate direct instruction, discussion, projects and cooperative work to engage students, keep classes focused and infuse a lasting desire to learn
· Work with Cooperating Teacher to provide an effective classroom environment and address the needs of individual students
· Follow the school’s policies and procedures for student conduct and discipline, and refuse to tolerate classroom disruptions
· Develop clear evaluation criteria and distribute to students prior to assignments
· Communicate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues
· Share responsibility for grade level and school-wide activities
Middle School Teacher Qualification, Skill and Knowledge Requirements
· A dedication and commitment to the mission of ACCS
· Master’s degree with at least 2 years teaching experience is required
· 2 – 5 years teaching experience in an urban school setting is preferred
· New York State certification for 5-9 or 7-12 ELA is required.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
We offer competitive salaries with performance-based bonuses, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401k. A low student-teacher ratio, and a family like environment.
Also, please take a minute to watch the video in the attached link to learn more about our school. https://youtu.be/Zhxb3zTiVm8.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To be considered, interested applicants must apply online or submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. ACCS is an EOE.