MURAL ARTS PHILADELPHIA
Mural Arts Philadelphia is the nation’s largest public art program, dedicated to the belief that art ignites change. For over 30 years, Mural Arts has united artists and communities through a collaborative and equitable process, creating over 4,000 artworks that have transformed public spaces and individual lives. Mural Arts aims to empower people, stimulate dialogue, and build bridges to understanding with projects that attract artists from Philadelphia and around the world, and programs that focus on youth education, restorative justice, mental health and wellness, and public art and its preservation. Popular mural tours offer a firsthand glimpse into the inspiring stories behind Mural Arts' iconic and unparalleled collection, which has earned Philadelphia worldwide recognition as the "City of Murals."
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and a member of the Operations team, the Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer/ Office Manager plays a pivotal role in assuring the COO's calendar and correspondence is up to date and in guaranteeing a positive visit to the Eakins house for an array of visitors.
· Serve as the Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer – Manage calendar and coordinate various complex meetings, appointments, and provide other administrative support as needed.
· Answer the Chief Operating Officer's phone line and take clear and comprehensive messages. Route and screen all phone, voice mail, and email messages for the Chief Operating Officer
· Maintain the staff contact list
· Serve as the first point of contact for all visitors to the Eakins building and answer the main office phone line; answer all inquiries or direct calls to colleagues when appropriate;
· Receive, organize and store all incoming packages and notify appropriate staff.
· Work with Public Property staff of the City of Philadelphia and Chief Operating Officer to communicate the maintenance needs of our historically registered building.
· Maintain a welcoming and neat reception area.
· Order general office supplies when necessary.
· At least three years of administrative assistant experience
· Strong organizational skills, excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Effective interpersonal skills to successfully interact with colleagues at Mural Arts, the City of Philadelphia, the arts community, consultants, funders, and the general public with diverse cultures and backgrounds.
· Experience with MS Office, including Word, and Excel.
This is a full-time, exempt salaried position. Mural Arts offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. The annual salary is $45,000.00.
Anticipated start date: July 6, 2021
MURAL ARTS PHILADELPHIA
Mural Arts Philadelphia is the nation’s largest public art program, dedicated to the belief that art ignites change. For over 30 years, Mural Arts has united artists and communities through a collaborative and…
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Mary Baxter, Mary.Baxter@muralarts.org specifying you are applying for the position of “Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer/Office Manager”. Resumes will be reviewed as they are submitted. Deadline to apply: June 18, 2021. No phone calls please.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Mary Baxter, Mary.Baxter@muralarts.org specifying you are applying for the position of “Assistant to the Chief Operating…