Providence House, Inc. is a value driven not-for-profit organization focused on assisting women in building community and transforming their lives. The agency is committed to promoting wholeness and healing while offering quality evidence based services to women and children who find themselves homeless and/or involved with the criminal justice system. Providence House follows a trauma based practice model. Providence House was founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph over thirty years ago and continues to hold the values of non-violence, compassion, hospitality and community at its core. Providence House actively seeks to provide support, training and opportunities that foster growth and wellbeing for its staff as well as the women we serve.
The Social Worker under the direction of the Program Director is responsible for ongoing needs assessment, individual service plans, referral and advocacy for individuals who are in the Providence House Women’s Justice Program. The Social Worker’s caseload may include both single women and women with children. Keeping clear and accurate files and records is essential to this position. The position will require occasional weekend and evening work hours and travel between two sites.
SUPERVISION: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
• Responsible for assessing the needs of the resident, using SPIN-W, a gender-responsive needs assessment, and preparing service plans collaboratively with resident to ensure individual needs are provided by community partners.
• Meet weekly with residents to discuss progress on service plan goals, development of cognitive and dialectical behavioral skills, and to provide a supportive environment for the discussion of life issues, which includes housing, employment, counseling, substance abuse programs, and education and parenting skills.
• Conduct intake interviews, provide general information, give a tour of house, explain house rules, expectation of behavior, and emergency procedures.
• Prepare and co-lead weekly Dialectical Behavioral Therapy skills groups.
• Prepare and co-lead biweekly parenting support groups, quarterly workshops related to healthy relationships or other topics relevant to residents.
• Provide one-on-one coaching to mothers in WJP, through the Video Interaction Guidance (VIG) model, a family-focused intervention which promotes nurturing relationships between parents and their children.
• Prepare and lead recreational and educational activities with young children (0-5 years old).
• Responsible for engagement of resident’s family support system, including introduction of Providence House to family, occasional referral support, and invitation to family events and/or workshops.
• Provides ongoing crisis and conflict management to support residents in maintaining physical, emotional, and social safety.
• Maintain ongoing contact with Parole or Probation and other community agencies concerning each resident’s progress, and participates in regular community meetings with providers as scheduled.
• Responsible for researching, cultivating, and maintaining community resources and partners that provide high-quality services to residents. Provide ongoing evaluation of services and partners.
• Responsible for researching, cultivating, and maintaining community resources for children ages 0-5, and making appropriate placements for children in child care and day care services, or other educational settings.
• Create and maintain an active roster of existing and transitional and permanent housing providers. Establish and maintain relationships with real estate brokers and landlords.
• Maintains appropriate and up-to-date documentation of services for all clients; maintain thorough and accurate records, files and correspondence in written and electronic form. Including but not limited to, treatment plans, case notes, etc.
• Assists with any and all data collection systems (Welligent Data Management).
• Performs other duties as assigned by Program Director.
• Effectively use and practice Sanctuary Models tools; safety plans, community meetings, psycho-educational groups, team meetings, red flags reviews, and self-care in the program to create a non-violent and trauma sensitive culture.
• Promote and model the core values of Providence House Mission (Compassion, Non-Violence, Hospitality, and Community) and the Seven Sanctuary Model Commitments to create a non-violent and trauma sensitive culture.
• Integrate the Sanctuary Model SELF (Safety, Emotional Management, Loss and Future) framework into daily practice to ensure quality care and an effective work environment.
• Participate in case conferencing as part of a team and with residence managers, to support and plan for all residents.
• Attends monthly team meeting with Program Director, Social Service team and Residence Managers.
• Work as a Providence House team member with all staff and volunteers in order to implement the mission and core values of the agency.
• Participate in individual supervisory sessions and case reviews with the Program Director, and other staff as required.
• Attend all mandatory trainings, workshops and meetings as required, including regular internal and external agency meetings.
• Requires travel to outside agencies within New York City to cultivate and maintain community partnerships and housing connections.
• Requires travel with residents to appointments, as needed.
• Requires travel between two Providence House residences regularly, and outside meetings and workshops.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work.
• Must be able to become a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) within three months from hire date.
• Two (2) years of case work experience, preferably working with women with homeless histories and/or mental health needs. Preferable work experience with families and children.
• Experience with conflict resolution and mediation, preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work independently.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Competent technology & management skills, including proficiency with using Microsoft Office; and client database management systems.
• Compatible philosophy with the mission of Providence House.
• The Social Worker position is a full time, salaried position. Hours worked will be weekdays 9:00a.m. - 5:00p.m., or at a mutually agreed upon schedule depending on the needs of the program. Will include one late morning/evening a week and monthly weekend work days.
• The office location for this position is onsite in Brooklyn New York.
Providence House, Inc. is a value driven not-for-profit organization focused on assisting women in building community and transforming their lives. The agency is committed to promoting wholeness and healing…
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary range is competitive. Benefits include paid 12 holidays, 3 weeks of vacation, 3 personal and 12 sick days, medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability benefits, a 403(B), pension benefits, commuter benefits and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary range is competitive. Benefits include paid 12 holidays, 3 weeks of vacation, 3 personal and 12 sick days, medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage…
Please send PDFs or Microsoft Word document of your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and where you heard about it to email@example.com.
Include "Social Worker (Women's Justice Program) in the subject line. Providence House is dedicated to equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. Providence House encourages people of all races, colors, national origins, ancestries, creeds, religions, gender and gender identity, ages, disabilities, veteran status, sexual orientations and marital statuses to apply.
Please send PDFs or Microsoft Word document of your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and where you heard about it to firstname.lastname@example.org…