Administrative Assistant, part-time
Reports to: Church Manager
Status: Part-time (16-18 hours/week)
Public Relations and Communications
- General reception, office correspondence, and administration duties
- Keep scheduled office hours in person or at home, to be negotiated
- Notify media, email list, etc. of worship service and other events
- Maintain signage and postings
- Edit and post audio recordings of sermons
- Design flyers and advertising with pastor and marketing team
- Manage internal communications - Basecamp, Google groups, Gmail, and Slack
- Manage external communications - social media and google website
- Compile Annual Reports for church and denominations
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Coordinate with volunteers and church committees in collaboration with pastor and church leadership
Office and Records Management
- Maintain records and files
- Data entry
- Maintain electronic data base(s) and accurate church calendar
- Develop and produce service bulletin, newsletter, weekly emails, and other weekly worship materials
- Prepare certificates for weddings, baptisms, etc.
- Maintain parking lot rental spreadsheets
Minimal data entry into Quickbooks and light A/R and A/P
- Order/maintain supplies for restroom, kitchen, sacristy, and office
- Oversee maintenance of office equipment
- Support Church Manager and coordinate with Church Manager as necessary
- Fully vaccinated and willing to wear a mask on site
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least two years of administrative assistant experience in office setting, non-profit experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize projects and deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency with Apple products and Apple and Google software
- Experience with at least some of the following: Quickbooks, data entry, word processing, web management, document publishing
- Experience with Google Drive, Audacity, Google Workshape.
- Audio editing a plus
Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Hope Central Church is a member congregation of both the United Church of Christ and the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), two mainline Protestant denominations. We aspire to extend a radical welcome to all people, inviting them into loving, accepting community. We are progressive in theology, drawing from the witness and wisdom of other spiritual traditions as we strive to express our faith in ways that are affirming, life-giving, and expansive.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.