Details: Salary to commensurate with experience.
30 3rd Avenue, 800B
Hollaback! is a global, people-powered movement to end harassment. We work together to understand the problem, ignite public conversations, and develop innovative strategies that ensure equal access to public spaces. We leverage the very spaces where harassment happens – from online to the streets – to have each other’s backs and build a world where we can all be who we are, wherever we are. Hollaback! is in a period of rapid growth, expanding from a staff of three to a staff of ten. This role will be part of the senior leadership team and will report to the Executive Director.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Program Director will be responsible for the operational success of Hollaback! ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, and quality control and evaluation. In this newly established role, the Director of Programs will manage a growing staff that includes a Training Coordinator, trainers operating globally, and fellows.
The Program Director will travel 30% of the time.
Program Leadership & Management
- Enhance, flesh out, and implement organizational vision as established in Hollaback!'s Strategic Growth Plan.
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence.
- Develop, coach, and retain high-performance team members, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility, span of control, and performance.
- Work with staff to develop systems to ensure consistent, high-quality project management.
- Provide leadership in development of inter-team communication and cohesiveness, sustaining culture and supporting staff during organizational growth.
- Expand revenue generating activities to support existing programs and the growth of Hollaback!; cultivate existing relationships and develop new funder relationships.
- Manage relationships with partner organizations and clients.
- Develop the necessary systems, processes, and tools to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge that is generated by the programs.
- Ensure that key project outcomes are evaluated and leveraged for maximum community and organizational impact.
- Work collaboratively with the senior management team to integrate cross program activities and functions.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with team management experience to grow and further develop a proven program. The successful candidate will lead programs, partner with the ED and work collaboratively with a high-performance management team.
Specific requirements include
- Minimum of a BA, MA preferred
- At least 10 years of experience with three of those in a team management role
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Experience having worked with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group
- Strength in managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility, span-of-control and performance
- Demonstrated results in managing through complex systems and proven experience negotiating win-win agreements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Hollaback!'s mission
Candidates can choose to work out of our Brooklyn, NY headquarters or work remotely from anywhere in the US.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email a PDF resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (as an attachment) and include the cover letter in the body of the email.
Hollaback! is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis.