228 West Lexington Street
Want to put your CMS, PHP, HTML and CSS experience to work making the world a better place? Then Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is looking for you!
CRS's digital team builds, maintains, and optimizes CRS's flagship website (crs.org), and supporting microsites. CRS's web properties are essential to our two-part mission (promote human development by responding to major emergencies, fighting disease and poverty, and nurturing peaceful and just societies; and, serve Catholics in the US as they live their faith in solidarity with their brothers and sisters around the world).
We are seeking a PHP/WordPress/Drupal developer to work under our senior developer who will ensure these sites are healthy, up-to-date, and continually optimized. The ideal candidate will be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, welcome new challenges, and demonstrate technical skills and the desire to refine them.
- Create/update pages and templates, configure Drupal modules/WordPress plugins, build new features, and integrate third-party tools as needed
- Ensure consistent quality by thoroughly running test scripts, conducting quality assurance (QA) testing, and participating in user acceptance testing (UAT)
- As needed for new microsite builds: Reviewing specs, wireframes, and mock-ups to catch potential issues before build phases begin
- Troubleshoot security issues for and maintain the performance of our suite of microsites
- Research options and make recommendations the team can implement to solve business problems and optimize our sites
- 2 or more years of experience developing websites using Drupal and WordPress
- Fluency with Drupal 7.x; common Drupal modules; Views, Features, and Panels; and the core API (application program interface)
- Experience implementing responsive web design
- Experience with front-end debugging tools, and a strong understanding of rendering differences between browsers, devices, and operating systems
- Basic understanding of Agile project management
- Basic understanding of information architecture best practices
- Basic understanding of SEO best practices
- Basic understanding of performance optimization techniques
- Write code that you'll be proud of in the future
- Explore unfamiliar frameworks, technologies, and software packages with excitement
- Teach your colleagues what you know
- Show follow-through, efficiency, and attention to detail.
- Manage multiple projects with varying deadlines in a complex work environment
- Ensure projects are on time, on budget, and within scope
- Proactively seek out optimization opportunities and recommend ongoing improvements
- Communicate technical solutions to non-technical audiences
- Spanish speaking a plus
Agency-wide Competencies (for All CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Key Working Relationships
Internal: Creative services, communications, domestic outreach, charitable giving/fundraising, advocacy, overseas operations
External: Vendors and consultants as needed
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Note: All candidates must be eligible to work in the US at the time of application.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position via the Career Page on Catholic Relief Services' website at www.crs.org