Details: Based on experience
26 Bleecker Street
Planned Parenthood of New York City is seeking a Vice President of Education and Training. The Vice President of Education and Training is a member of our Education and Training team is based at our Administrative office at 26 Bleecker Street, New York, New York 10012.
It is an exciting and important time to work at Planned Parenthood of New York City. We are building on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance.
Working at PPNYC is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all New Yorkers have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and evidence-based education programing so they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. We approach our work through a reproductive justice lens, seeking to break down the barriers, whether through our services, education or advocacy efforts, which prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
At PPNYC, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPNYC fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPNYC knows that our greatest asset is our people. We offer competitive compensation and robust benefits package to eligible employees. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan including an employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
What the Vice President of Education and Training does:
- Working closely with the CEO, staff, and select Board members, the Vice President for Education and Training will create and implement Education and Training initiatives; including learning and practice strategies, youth education and community engagement programming consistent with an equity and reproductive rights and justice lens
- Sets the strategic direction of the department in concert with the Chief Equity and Engagement Officer
- Responsibilities include all community health and sex education, sexuality education and outreach for youth and adults; curricula development; budgeting oversite; strategic partnerships; development of culturally diverse educational materials; and program evaluation
- Represent the PPNYC to national organizations and serves as spokesperson for issues related to sexual and reproductive health and education
- Serve on the organization’s senior management team and collaborate with various PPNYC departments including Research and Evaluation, Clinical Services, Project Street Beat and Public Affairs to advance the work of the department and the mission of PPNYC
We’re seeking candidates who have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, Master’s Degree in Education, Public Health or other related field
- Minimum of 12 years management and/or applicable experience with experience with demonstrated track record of success leading teams and implementing innovative program initiatives
- Direct service experience strongly desired
- Demonstrated leadership abilities with a strong sense of accountability for program outcomes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly organized team player with a strong ability to work well with others and to interface with stakeholders
- Familiarity with curriculum writing, budget development, monitoring and evaluation
- Familiarity and commitment to racial and gender equity leadership practices
- Experience and comfort with diverse communities
We offer an excellent, comprehensive benefits package!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Are you interested in bringing your passion, commitment and expertise to Planned Parenthood of New York City? Please follow this link to submit your resume and cover letter. No phone calls; PPNYC will contact select applicants to conduct an initial phone screening.
Planned Parenthood of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.