5201 Old York Road
From Shelter to Self Sufficiency through Strengths-Based Case Management
FaSST/Connections provides targeted case management services to families and singles that need mental health services within selected family and single shelters in the city of Philadelphia.
Individuals and families receive linkages to various programs such as mental health, drug and alcohol treatment, housing referrals, legal services as well as counseling and consultation with FaSST/Connections staff and other agencies including shelter staff. Advocacy, ongoing support, and empowerment are the key concepts of FaSST/Connections and the qualitative determinants of its service outcomes.
Resource Coordinators are responsible for assisting consumers with developing and reaching their service goals using natural community supports and available psychiatric, medical, social, residential, financial services and other services appropriate for the consumer.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services field.
- Knowledge of homelessness, addictions, residential facilities, mental illnesses and their treatment.
- Experience in crisis prevention and de-escalation.
- Specific DutiesComplete all state mandated paperwork, i.e., Service Documents, Consumer Registration Forms, Personal Goal Plans which emphasize the consumers’ strength and needs, etc.
- Assess and evaluate the needs of consumers that are newly assigned to the caseload.
- Locate and link consumers to appropriate services.
- Monitor service delivery by maintaining regular contact with consumers and service providers/programs involved with the consumer.
- Gain access to services with aggressive and creative attempts to help consumers obtain resources that are needed. This includes a strong role as a consumer advocate.
- Assist consumers with establishing and/or enhancing their support systems outside of the mental health system.
- Outreach, including routine home visits and accompanying consumers into the community.
- Collaborate with shelter staff to insure appropriate service delivery for the consumer.
- Monitor consumers on a regular basis to note any changes that may impact his/her treatment/recovery.
- Other related duties as assigned.
The Resource Coordinator reports to the TCM Supervisor.
From Shelter to Self Sufficiency through Strength-Based Case Management
FaSST/Connections’ strength-based case management, based on the key concepts of advocacy, ongoing support, and empowerment, has been hailed as a national model.
Medical Insurance, vision, dental, life insurance, retirement savings, flexible spending account, paid time off
Minimum Education Required