145 A Street
Point Reyes Statioin
Annual Giving Manager
Founded in 1980 by a broad coalition of ranchers, environmentalists, and community leaders, Marin Agricultural Land Trust (MALT) is a member-based nonprofit organization dedicated to permanently protecting Marin County farmland for farming and ranching. We also work with agricultural landowners and public and private partners to support and enhance agricultural viability and sustainability locally and regionally.
MALT’s comfortable office is located just off Highway One in the vibrant community of Point Reyes Station in beautiful West Marin, home to Cowgirl Creamery, Bovine Bakery, and Toby’s Feed Barn. Access to Tomales Bay, Point Reyes National Seashore, and other outdoor wonders is only minutes away. We offer competitive salary, paid vacation and sick time, health, dental and vision insurance, retirement benefits, family friendly policies, and a commitment to honoring work/life balance. Come join our team of highly motivated and passionate staff who care deeply about our mission and one another.
Basic Function and Purpose of the Position:
MALT seeks an ambitious development professional to play a key role in the growth of our annual giving program. The Annual Giving Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of a comprehensive, multi-channel, annual giving program resulting in an expanded base of supporters and increased income. This full-time position reports to and works closely with MALT’s Associate Director of Development to set and achieve goals and execute on strategies and tactics.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a successful fundraising generalist who has experience with donor-centric copywriting; someone who has had the primary responsibility for multi-channel annual campaigns, or someone with experience managing individual giving portfolios. The ideal candidate will be professional, detail-oriented, and able to contribute good thinking to the big picture.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Working with the Associate Director of Development, help plan and execute a comprehensive program of direct mail and online donor acquisition and solicitation.
- Manage the direct mail production calendar and solicitations, including: writing or overseeing writing of appeals and other materials, segmenting, targeting, and working with copywriters, MALT’s Communications Department, outside designers, and mail house.
- Provide support in the development and implementation of donor upgrade and cultivation strategies. Analyze giving levels and retention rates to maximize the success of upgrade and renewal strategies.
- Develop and maintain reports and provide analysis of solicitation program performance.
- Support the Associate Director of Development in creating online fundraising campaigns, including writing e-appeals and work with the Communications Associate to implement.
- Coordinate with the Communications Associate to draft web content, leverage publications, e-newsletters, social media, and other communications in support of membership and fundraising goals.
- In partnership with other members of the Development team, plan and execute stewardship efforts resulting in increased donor retention.
- Assist with gift entry and donor inquiries as needed.
- Participate in special events and projects as needed.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Vendors and consultants, as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of nonprofit development/fundraising experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Excellent user of office technology and information systems (including Word, Excel, Outlook) and donor databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge
- Self-directed with the ability to work both independently and as a of a team
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or recruiters, please.