1016 West Argyle St.
Chinese Mutual Aid Association is a fast-paced organization, dedicated to fostering the integration of the Pan-Asian immigrant and refugee community into U.S. culture. Established in 1981, CMAA has been a cornerstone of the Uptown community since then, providing programming for generations of low-income youth, adults, and senior citizens. The Development & Special Events Coordinator CMAA is currently looking for will support the Associate Director in day to day tasks involving donor relations and the planning and development of all CMAA events, including but not limited to:
- Dim Sum and Then Some: The Uptown 5k,
- Red Party,
- Annual Dinner and
- Lunar New Year.
- Excellent communication skills, providing feedback and periodic reports to Managers, Executive Director and Board.
- Positive attitude and ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Cooperative attitude and willingness to collaborate with other departments.
- Team management skills to clearly articulate staff requirements and coordinate their activities.
- Familiarity with all stages of planning, design, and production of events.
- Ability to successfully manage all elements within time limits and on budget.
- Liaise with event sponsors.
- Ability to conduct market research, gather information, research vendors, and negotiate contracts.
- Commitment to innovation; eagerness to share ideas on how to improve event quality.
- Management and oversight skills to manage facilities and all event details including decor, catering, entertainment, guest lists, transportation, venue preparation, special guest requirements, all necessary equipment, promotional and marketing materials, etc.
- Proactive approach to handling any challenges that might arise and ability to quickly troubleshoot any problems that should arise on the event day.
- Desire for continued improvement, exemplified by conducting pre- and post–event evaluations and reporting on outcomes.
- Research and create donor profiles, outlining areas of interest and philanthropic giving patterns.
- Coordination of site visits with new and existing donors; ability to work with other departments to determine what activities should be highlighted depending on donor preferences based on profile.
- Draft monthly CMAA newsletter, which includes communicating with other departments and staying abreast on new initiatives to inform our supporters of current activities.
- Regular updates on CMAA’s social media accounts to promote current initiatives and events.
- Creation of sponsorship packets and donor materials highlighting CMAA’s activities
- Coordinate development of CMAA’s annual report.
- Presence at and participation in monthly Associate Board meetings.
*Perform other duties as determined by supervisor.
- Proven experience in events organization.
- Portfolio of previously managed events (if any)
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Platform.
- Preferred: graphic design and logo creation skills.
Chinese Mutual Aid Association (CMAA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to Associate Director, Morlie Patel at email@example.com