20 West 36th Street
Fundraising Marketing Intern
I. THE HELPMESEE MISSION
HelpMeSee was founded in 2010 with the goal of eliminating the backlog of blindness caused by cataracts for every blind child and adult in the world, regardless of where they live or how underserved they may be. Our goal is to deliver very low-cost, high-quality Manual Small Incision Cataract Surgery (MSICS) to millions of adults and children in the developing world who have cataracts – giving them back not only their sight but also their independence.
HelpMeSee is pursuing our ambitious goal of eliminating cataract blindness worldwide by training tens of thousands of MSICS specialists in developing countries through the use of a high-fidelity simulator and sophisticated courseware, as well as collaborating with existing MSICS specialists who already perform this procedure in their communities. With our technology-based patient facing programs and local surgical partners, HelpMeSee is committed to saving the sight of millions.
II. JOB SUMMARY
HelpMeSee seeks a Marketing/Fundraising intern to help with many aspects of marketing and fundraising communication. Responsibilities include assistance in developing and organizing our fundraising collateral, stewardship communications, and campaign content development. Also, experience in marketing research & integrated marketing communication planning, is a plus. The individual should enjoy working as part of an in-house fundraising/marketing team.
· Assist Development team in developing integrated marketing communication campaigns to
promote our fundraising programs
· Organize and manage fundraising/marketing collateral
· Support donor stewardship process by communicating with individual and monthly donors through
phone and email.
· Help manage database by updating donor records and perform prospect research on donor search
· Experience with CRM system, Microsoft Office and Donor Search Engines: Lexis Nexis
· Strong analytical skills and market research background
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills, comfortable speaking to donors over the phone
· Must be highly-organized, a creative thinker, and a team player
· Ability to work well with in-house team, and also operate independently with minimal supervision
· Web design and video editing skills is a plus
Start date: Immediate
Educations requirements: Bachelor’s Degree business background preferred
Employment type: Part-time paid internship
Job function: Fundraising/Marketing/Communication
Hours: 5-days a week under 40 hours a week.
Location: NYC office
IV. HOW TO APPLY
Please follow this link to the employment application: http://helpmesee.org/Careers#Fundraising-Marketing-Intern.
Also, please email your resume, cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject heading as follows: “HelpMeSee Marketing/Fundraising Intern”.
*Candidate should be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
HelpMeSee, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status or any other status protected by law. HelpMeSee, Inc. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics
Minimum Education Required