District of Columbia
Temporary Program Assistant
Prestigious non profit organization seeks qualified individual to provide research and logistical support on an initiative pertaining to China and South Asia, as well as support to the Director for Political-Security Affairs. This is a temporary position, expected to last through May 2019.
• Serve as project coordinator on an initiative evaluating China-South Asian relations. Under the supervision of the Director for Political-Security Affairs, coordinate all logistical and administrative arrangements for the project;
• Serve as primary interlocutor with foreign experts and research institutions to coordinate arrangements for overseas research and engagements;
• Schedule in-country coordination arrangements for research interviews, including translators, governmental approvals, and scheduling interviews;
• Assist the Director for Political-Security Affairs with additional research projects, project coordination, articles, and other duties as needed;
• Develop and maintain systems and procedures to ensure timely and efficient administrative workflow;
• Other duties as assigned.
• College degree required (Master’s degree preferred), with one-three years of related work experience;
• Demonstrated interest in policy issues and/or Asia;
• Willingness to maintain a flexible schedule that will require work outside of traditional hours to facilitate duties across time zones;
• Must be able to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently follow up on details;
• Highly organized, with strong attention to detail and an entrepreneurial spirit;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including proofreading, and editing skills, and ability to research information and present it concisely;
• Resourcefulness, with an orientation to measurable results;
• Strong ability to interact across time zones and with diverse constituencies, including experts, trustees, funders/donors, and all levels of staff with tact and good judgment;
• Excellent computer skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook); knowledge of Prezi and database software preferred;
• Team player willing to assist where needed.
How To Apply:
Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to
email@example.com Indicate job title and reference code ID-1910 in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted. No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your resume as having been received unless your email is bounced back.
Asia Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required