World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world's leading conservation organization, seeks a Manager of Corporate Engagement. Develops, directs and implements corporate partnerships to further the mission of WWF. Oversees the stewardship of existing corporate partners and solicitation and cultivation of new partnerships. Contributes to the advancement of WWF's conservation mission through sustainable business engagement, mission-focused cause marketing and strategic corporate philanthropy.<img src="https://rs.careerliaison.com/pixel/4fv8tptr8jdcgxzy"><img src="https://analytics.click2apply.net/vLmB75XuXalJriozduMx2L">
- Manages major, cross-functional corporate relationships, which may include sustainable business engagement, cause marketing and/or philanthropic work streams.
- Leads development of and is responsible for the successful implementation of long-term engagement strategies for select corporate partner(s) ensuring strategic approach supports WWF mission and conservation goals.
- Cultivates strong working relationships with key contacts at corporate partner organizations, as well as internally within WWF, successfully managing multiple workstreams against a scope of work and timeline.
- Thinks creatively to develop compelling business proposals, presentations and cause marketing materials that align with WWF and partner brand positioning.
- Works closely with WWF legal and business services teams to ensure memorandums of understanding, licensing agreements, grant proposals and other materials are correctly implemented. Monitors reporting requirements and assures compliance with contractually-required reporting requirements and deadlines. Monitors overall relationships with corporate partners to ensure appropriate level of interaction.
- Works with communications staff and others to oversee, circulate and approve all partnership related communications materials from initial evaluation to approval of and any relevant content throughout the life of the relationship.
- When applicable, prepares forecast for annual budget and department expenses for managed corporate relationships. On a regular basis, evaluates progress and adjusts strategy to achieve conservation and financial goals.
- Proactively seeks out partnership growth opportunities, researching and making initial contact, identifying and developing solicitation strategies and proposals, closing deals with companies to generate new corporate accounts and raising funds for several areas of WWF's conservation programs. Develops ideas for effective and integrated relationships. Collaborates with multiple internal WWF teams to ensure alignment with WWF goals. Considers all areas of potential engagement including marketing, communication and other WWF platforms (i.e. Climate Savers, GFTN, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree is required. A Master's degree is preferred in business, marketing or in corporate social responsibility
- Must have at least eight years of experience in consulting, integrated advertising/marketing agency, fundraising, cultivation and solicitation of corporate donors, or relevant experience with the private sector is required. A Masters will substitute for 2 years of experience
- Must demonstrate a successful record of accomplishments, and ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Must be willing to travel up to 20% of the time within the US, and possibly travel internationally as well
- Proven experience with creative ideation and 'big picture' thinking
- Critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of standard development practices and techniques, proposal writing, and prospect research
- Excellent ability to build internal and external relationships
- Comfortable interacting with corporate personnel at all levels
- Ability to effectively influence and lead others, including external relationships
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Prior management experience is a plus as the role could possibly supervise up to two staff
- Strong commitment to the mission, goals, and values of WWF
- This is a 1-year position with the possibility of extension
- Relocation to DC is not required for this position, alternate work arrangements will be considered for the right candidate
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #18059
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Minimum Education Required