The Operations and Administrative Manager will organize and coordinate office administration and procedures in the Washington DC Office in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety for Everytown for Gun Safety’s DC office location. The Operations and Administrative Manager is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, maintaining a healthy/fun work environment, and on-boarding/off-boarding staff. The Operations and Administrative Manager is also responsible for assisting the Operations Department and the Office of the General Counsel with a variety of administrative functions, including contracting and grant making and related database maintenance, vendor vetting and relations, and scheduling.
Everytown seeks an energetic professional who can wear multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently. Well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
This position is expected to help plan and implement protective measures and protocols for the COVID19 virus as the country and DC works return to being fully online and in-person.
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and errands
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Coordinate with IT vendor and Operations Department on all office equipment
- Provide general support to visitors
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Establish a historical reference for the office by outlining procedures for protection, retention, record disposal, retrieval and staff transfers
- Responsible for developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office
- Remain updated on technical and professional knowledge by attending educational workshops, joining professional associations, building networks with fellow professionals and reviewing of industry publications
- Responsible for ensuring office financial objectives are met by preparing annual budget for the office, planning the expenditures, analyzing variances and carrying out necessary corrections that may arise
- Responsible for developing standards and promoting activities that enhance operational procedures
- Coordinate office staff activities to help ensure a fun and healthy work environment
- On-boarding and off-boarding new and exiting staff
- Organize orientation and training of new staff members
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and current
- Establish and monitor procedures for record keeping
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data and the physical office space
- Implement procedural and policy changes to improve operational efficiency
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory
- Expense reporting
- Scheduling internal/external meetings for the General Counsel, as needed
- Assisting Office of General Counsel with contract, non-disclosure agreements and grant execution and filing, including updating contract databases and trackers to reflects status, following up with vendors and grantees on final documentation and payment issues, and overseeing implementation of Non-Disclosure Agreement process and roll-out of Docusign
- Assisting Office of the General Counsel with governance record maintenance and compilation of Board packages
- insurance information, performing basic review of vendors, and coordinating with IT on ensuring completion of cyber risk assessments
- Organizing weekly operations meeting
Allocation of Time
50% DC Office Management and Operations Support
50% Office of the General Counsel Administrative Support
- Proven experience with office management responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of office software packages
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success