720 2nd Ave
United Way of King County is a recognized leader in solving the community’s toughest challenges. We value creative, self-motivated people who care deeply about creating community solutions. Come join our Development Team as a Donor Relations Manager.
This position is responsible for cultivating and growing relationships with current and prospective major gift donors and soliciting gifts of $10,000 or more. This position works strategically with staff and high-level volunteers to orchestrate introductions to new donors to United Way and its work, and facilitate peer-to-peer asks.
- Develops, cultivates and maintains major gift ($10,000+) donor and volunteer relationships within the assigned portfolio. (Average portfolio size of donors and prospects = 125 - 150)
- Develops fundraising goals for portfolio; builds strategies to meet those goals.
- Meets monthly sales call and Ambassador call goals (12 and 4, respectively).
- Builds relationships, support and recruits high-level volunteer ambassadors to engage others and solicit gifts on behalf of United Way in order to meet fundraising goals.
- Works closely with United Way Individual Giving, Corporate and Grants staff to maximize relationships in workplaces in order to further cultivate major donors, prospects, and leads.
- Captures significant relationship activities, financial projections and donor information in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Works closely with United Way Pledge Processing and Accounting staff to ensure accuracy of donor pledges, payments and designations to other agencies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated success in face-to-face fundraising
- Strong analytical skills to analyze donor information, plan, and set goals and objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated relationship building and collaboration skills to effectively relate to a diverse audience
- Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Donor focused - establishes, cultivates, and stewards strong relationships to build and maintain lifelong partnerships and trust with United Way
- Effective planning and implementing skills, demonstrated ability to prioritize activities and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Excellent project management skills
- Thorough knowledge of fundraising techniques, consultative selling approach, major gift cultivation/solicitation
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office and donor data base knowledge
Education and/or Experience:
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, specializing in Fundraising, Business, Marketing, Sales, Communication, or a related field. At least five years' experience in fundraising and two or more in dedicated major gifts fundraising. Proven solicitation experience of gifts $10,000 and higher; and experience closing multi-year gifts preferred. Demonstrated volunteer management experience at high levels of an organization.
The annual recruitment range is $68,500 to $73,500, depending on successful experience and prior accomplishments.
The position is open until filled - don’t hesitate, please apply now.
Minimum Education Required