We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Program Associate - Marketing Operations to join the Science & Technology Policy Fellowships (STPF).
Reporting to the Project Director, the Senior Program Associate conducts marketing project management, strategizes, designs, implements and cultivates engagement campaigns for fellowship candidates, expands recruitment contacts to increase fellowship applicants, and fosters greater stakeholder engagement. Collaboratively plans, implements and manages the assessment of Recruitment and Engagement functions areas. Manages production of advertising and collateral development and relationships with vendors and internal contacts. Coordinates meetings, workshops, conferences, and special events and manages operations.
Are you ready to be a Force for Science?
What you’ll do
Targeted Marketing & Stakeholder Cultivation:
- Builds multi-dimensional digital campaigns (search, social, email, display) to acquire, engage, and convert leads into fellowship applicants through a marketing automation platform, Marketo.
- Designs customer journeys, identifies target audience segments and personas, and supports nurture and scoring programs.
- For assigned projects, develops briefing documents and full-scale project plans outlining measurable goals and objectives, tasks and processes, systems and resource requirements and allocations, timelines, and deliverables.
- Serve as back-up for backend administrative and technical functions for online application system, communicates with applicants, references and fellowships alumni.
Data Management, Monitoring & Assessment:
- Develops success benchmarks, and conceptualizes and implements strategies for effective, efficient and accurate data collection (campaign activities, performance, trends, ROI) via STPF’s automation platform and Adobe and Google Analytics.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data and campaign progress and performance, analyzes results and provides routine data and reports to STPF Recruitment Director and senior leaders.
- Monitors Marketo and marketing industry best practices to determine trends and utilize information to strategize enhancements for programmatic outreach activities, constituent development and engagement initiatives.
- Develops surveys and questionnaires, drafts regular reports, dashboards and metrics. Ensures production and archiving of annual outreach statistics.
Advertising & Collateral Production:
- Identifies opportunities and pursues leads to contributes to annual and multi-year marketing strategy and plans for identified target audiences.
- Oversees the placement of digital ads, production schedules and development of various marketing collateral and campaigns including print and electronic direct mail and promotional materials.
- Manages relationship with vendors. Researches, writes and/or edits advertising copy, informational and marketing announcements and reports as necessary.
- Ensures adherence to STPF and AAAS branding policies and guidelines and contributes to creating and updating marketing presentations.
Event Planning & Management:
- Schedules, manages registration and logistics, and coordinates exhibits at science and engineering events, alumni gatherings and special public programs (both virtual and in-person, when safe to do so).
- Serves as technical lead for STPF-sponsored virtual meetings and events.
- Extensive university or college level training leading to a bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, communications, or related fields, and minimum of three years directly related experience.
- Experience using Marketo or other marketing automation platforms.
- Knowledge and expertise in building digital marketing and engagement campaigns.
- Ability to track, analyze, and report on campaign data to assess ROI to inform team decision-making and campaign design.
- Experience managing production of marketing collaterals, advertising, coordinating outreach events, and applicant engagement and recruitment campaigns.
- Strong internet research and database skills; extensive experience using CRMs and an understanding of database systems.
- Experience using virtual webinar software and MS Suite (Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in Adobe or Google Analytics a plus.
- Outstanding organizational skills and strong attention to detail and deadlines.
- Professional and diplomatic manner; ability to work with individuals from different disciplinary and cultural backgrounds, to coordinate activity among staff and departments.
- Flexibility, resourcefulness, and ability to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously, set priorities for multiple projects, meet deadlines under pressure, and work both independently and as part of a team.