The Oakland Promise seeks a detail-oriented development associate with excellent organizational, communication, and systems management skills and a passion for expanding opportunities for Oakland children and families to join its growing team. The Development Associate will be a part of an innovative development team tasked with raising the annual budget of around $12 million as well as other ongoing fundraising campaigns. The team works across the organization to ensure that the organization is sustainable in the short- and long-term.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide front-line fund development support, including grant writing and reporting, processing of gifts, and communications with donors and prospects.
- Assist the Development Team in identifying and qualifying major gift prospects, help develop appropriate cultivation and solicitation strategies, and execute individualized action plans
- Ensure that donor data is accurately entered in the Oakland Promise custom donor database and and Google Drive - reconcile the database to financial reports on a regular basis
- Assist in the creation of marketing materials, including direct mail campaigns, annual reports, and other fundraising collateral.
- Help in the planning and execution of organizational events, including both donor, program, and PR events
- With the team, support Oakland Promise’s donor recognition, retention, and stewardship programs
- Help the team prepare for meetings with individuals, foundations, government and institutional funders and prospects.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing deadlines
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Deep commitment to and passion for the vision of the Oakland Promise
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Proficient with Google Suite tools
- Strong self-motivation and ability to operate effectively with limited direct management
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and adapt to new situations
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous fundraising and/or events experience
- Proficient with Salesforce Databases
- Experience with Canva or other graphics programs
- Experience in the fields of education or college access
- Knowledge of and connections to Oakland communities
- Full-time exempt position
- Oakland Promise offers medical, dental, and vision benefits, vacation, and sick-time.
- Some evening and weekend hours may be required
We are looking for candidates with availability to start immediately, and encourage you to apply if you are interested in and qualified for the position.