10 City Square
The Appalachian Mountain Club (“AMC”) is looking for a self-motivated doer and influencer to play a key role in our operations on a day-to-day basis with a long view on strategy and organizational impact. The CRM Project & Strategy Manager (“Project Manager”) works closely with major stakeholders to develop, drive, and utilize the CRM platform to establish priorities, develop practical roadmaps of improvement, and create projects and follow them to successful closure.
AMC promotes the protection, enjoyment, and understanding of the mountains, forests, waters, and trails of America's Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions. The Project Manager helps deliver and support the technological foundations from which we accomplish our mission.
- Understand business needs and create solutions that will best improve processes, while leveraging metrics to track and assess progress.
- Use CRM platform to spot daily, weekly, monthly on-going issues and maintain consistent reporting cadences to communicate performance, areas for improvement, and shared success or failures related to marketing initiatives.
- Define and manage business rules, scoring, profiling, segmentation, nurture campaigns, workflows and reporting customization.
- Oversee databases that link to and from the primary CRM system.
- Work closely with Development, Membership, the Contact Service Center, Marketing and other operational areas to identify short and long-term problems & challenges.
- Implement pro-active campaign strategies and tools to improve constituent engagement and drive faster issue resolution.
- Understand and utilize the general functionality of all AMC supported applications as well as the integration points between inter/intra department systems.
- Assist with documenting and defining informational data flow while ensuring clear lines of ownership and data integrity controls.
- Generally perform as project manager, business analyst and strategist.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3 to 5 years of proven project management experience with Salesforce or comparable enterprise CRM platform.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, meet deadlines and follow-up in a timely manner through excellent organizational, planning and multi-tasking skills.
- Background that includes using standard reporting tools, with experience with Salesforce functionality.
- Knowledge of building dashboards, scorecards, and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Detail-oriented self-starter with strong written, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to collaborate with teams as well as to work independently.
- Non-profit and/or fundraising experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with a call center environment helpful.
Employee Perks: In addition to a competitive salary, AMC offers an exceptional benefits package.
- Generous paid time off benefits.
- Health insurance with a hefty employer contribution.
- A retirement plan with an employer match.
- Access to various pro deals that help you purchase gear at deeply reduced rates.
- Free admission to cultural and environmental venues throughout New England.
- And more!
To Apply: Please include your resume and a cover letter with your salary requirements when applying. No phone calls please.
The AMC has zero tolerance for child abuse or placing children in danger. The AMC requires all employees who work in a program or facility which serves children, disabled persons or the elderly to have a criminal background record check performed on their name annually with employment contingent upon satisfactory results.
The AMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace. The AMC encourages the involvement of all people in its mission and activities, through its membership, programs, policies and procedures. Our goal is to be a community that is comfortable, inviting and accessible for people of any age, gender, race, religion, ethnicity, ability, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status. Join us!
Minimum Education Required