330 7th Ave
Hand in Hand: The Domestic Employers Network (HIH) seeks a part-time Administrative/Operations Manager (A/OM) to join our national team. The A/OM will be a key part of the HIH team and play an essential role in bottom-lining core operational issues and supporting the Director and program staff as HIH expands its programmatic and organizing work. The A/OM will manage and coordinate HIH’s office operations; project manage our Salesforce upgrade; coordinate routine financial matters; support fundraising activities; and provide general administrative and program support. The A/OM will report to the Network Director.
The position is part-time, 15 hours per week, possible flexibility to work some hours from home, and includes paid time off. Pay range is $25-$30/hour, depending on experience. HIH is powered by a small staff team and has offices in New York City and Oakland, California. We are open to the position being based in either New York City or Oakland, CA.
About Hand in Hand
Hand in Hand: The Domestic Employers Network is a national network of employers of domestic workers, our families and allies. We are grounded in the conviction that dignified and respectful working conditions benefit domestic workers – nannies, house cleaners, home attendants and aides – and employers alike. We envision a future where people live in caring communities that recognize all of our interdependence. To get there, we support employers to improve their employment practices, and to collaborate with workers to change cultural norms and public policies that bring dignity and respect to domestic workers and all of our communities.
HIH is a key partner of the National Domestic Workers Alliance (NDWA), which is led by Ai-jen Poo, winner of a 2015 MacArthur “genius” award. Five years since its founding, HIH has become a unique and innovative organization that engages and mobilizes parents, working families, people with disabilities, seniors, and other households that employ domestic workers. We are in a pivotal moment in the domestic workers and social justice movement as well as in our organizational life. We have new opportunities to impact one of this country’s fastest growing industries, through working with tech companies dominating the sector, creative interventions in cultural conversations about care, and critical policy fights.
Key Job Responsibilities
1. Salesforce (SF) upgrade and operationalizing with staff
- Project manage upgrade and operationalizing of SF
- Coordinate and lead with all consultants
- Oversee updates and track needed changes
- Train and support staff to use SF in their work effectively
- Routinely mass upload data
2. Manage and coordinate routine finance matters
- Manage timely reimbursement check requests and payments;
- Manage credit card reconciliations;
- Manage financial tracking and compliance materials with HIH’s fiscal sponsor BTA;
- Manage invoicing;
- Manage regular billing for things like domains, Zoom, etc;
- Be a point person on timesheets
3. Manage and coordinate office operations & filing systems
- Order/maintain office equipment, HIH program materials, office supplies, software etc.
- Coordinate office space including staff access/keys, telephones, shared supplies, use of conference rooms, etc.
- Help manage and improve filing systems like Google docs and Dropbox
4. Assist with fundraising and donor relations
- Manage and update tracking tool for institutional funders, grant requests and reports;
- Process donations, including managing deposits and updating data in Salesforce;
- Generate monthly acknowledgement letters;
- Update donor records (change of address, etc.);
5. Assist with general human resources issues
- Prepare contracts for contract staff and consultants;
- Manage job postings;
- Assist with candidate interview scheduling;
- Disseminate human resource updates to staff;
6. Provide general administrative support
- Draft correspondence;
- Assist with retreat/meeting scheduling and logistics;
- Assist with program meeting support (copies, food, etc.);
- Other day-to-day administrative matters
Desired Skills / Qualities
- Significant experience with Salesforce, including training others to use the platform
- 3+ years comparable administrative/operations experience
- Excellent relational skills
- Expertise, skill, interest, and commitment to doing administrative work
- Experience in managing multiple projects and tasks
- Excellent attention to detail and well organized
- Skilled proficiency with technology and computer operations and programs, specifically: Google drive, Action Network, WePay, Dropbox and Mac products
- Experience with both 501c3 and 501c4 organizations a plus
- Self motivated and a proven ability to work both independently and in partnership with different teams and staff members
- Agreement and alignment with HIH’s vision and values
- Understanding of issues facing low-wage workers, immigrant communities, and other communities of color
- Experience working with a national team;
- Sense of humor.
Some knowledge of or experience with workers’ rights, immigrant rights, women’s rights, domestic worker and/or caregiving field issues will be an added asset for any candidate, but these skills/experience are not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Hand in Hand's staff, volunteers and members come from a wide range of backgrounds in terms of class, race, ethnicity, gender identity, disability, etc. and we encourage applications from our diverse constituency of domestic employers and their families. As an equal opportunity employer we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Hand in Hand is a fiscally sponsored project of Bend the Arc.