The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is seeking an experienced Grants and Contracts Senior Coordinator at its national headquarters located in Bethesda, Maryland. The Grants and Contracts Senior Coordinator works as part of a team and under general supervision provides support for both pre- and post-award activities related to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s portfolio of grants and contracts, including: basic research, research training, clinical care awards, and contracts with academic institutions, hospitals, private practices, and corporations throughout the United States and abroad. The Grants and Contracts Senior Coordinator also serves as a liaison with internal departments, such as Finance, Accounts Payable and Communications, as well as with external applicants and recipients.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provides support in pre/post-award activities throughout the life cycle of a grant, such as organizing incoming applications, preparing award letters, entering data and maintaining files in grants and financial management systems, and closing out funded awards
- Assists with preparing and standardizing program guidelines
- Coordinates set up and posting of program announcements online
- Supports review committee meetings; including confirming reviewers and schedules, meeting logistics, and preparing meeting materials
- Assists with organizing application documents, screens documents for completeness and adherence to program guidelines
- Monitors incoming applications and renewals; screens for completeness and follows procedures for review and approval
- Assists with preparing various financial reports as needed; updates tracking sheets
- Assists in the preparation and review of award letters
- Monitors general email inboxes, addresses inquiries or forwards as appropriate for resolution
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree (business, accounting, or finance is highly desirable). Prior work experience of two years in a grants and contracts office is required. Prior experience in pre-award operations and working with financial and accounting systems is helpful. In addition, candidates must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills (computer use is extensive for this position).
For immediate consideration, please visit the employment section of our website at www.cff.org under positions located in Bethesda, Maryland and submit your cover letter, and resume.
Minimum Education Required