1299 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
ONE is a global campaign and advocacy organization with over nine million members from around the world who are committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We hold world leaders to account for the promises made to the poorest, and we press them to support better policies and aid that is more effective. We also work with leaders in Africa to support greater democracy, accountability and transparency and advocate for increased domestic investments in development so that these resources can be effectively deployed. With HQ in Washington, D.C., we operate from North America, Europe and Africa.
ONE’s members are critical to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Digital Content Manager will be an experienced web editor with a deep knowledge of digital editorial content and desktop publishing processes. They will supervise smooth management of written content and accompanying imagery and commission blogs and features on the ONE.org website, microsites and other ONE channels. They will have an understanding of social media management and appreciate the types of content that inspire online audiences to engage, share and take action.
They will be an experienced copy editor who possess a strong editorial compass and is highly organized with an ability to plan effectively. They will also be experienced in managing projects, collaborating with multiple stakeholders both within and outside the organization and supporting colleagues in global offices when required.
They will be passionate about content and its ability to connect with audiences. They will be familiar with content in different digital formats ranging from web pages, video and social media assets.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Digital Content Director and is based in Washington, DC
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Commission, edit, and produce written material for ONE’s digital channels.
- Own and manage the digital editorial calendar and publish content using ONE’s WordPress CMS.
- Work closely with the Digital Content Director and team to build and execute an effective content strategy that increases views, engagement and brand affinity.
- Develop and manage internal relationships with other ONE teams who provide content, and help maintaining high content standards.
- Provide support to ONE’s global teams in the creation of content for specific regional audiences.
- Contribute to ONE’s content strategy and help advance ONE’s content output to further engage new and existing ONE supporters.
- Work with in-house and external designers to prepare and publish imagery for web and social media use.
- Manage external relationships with content partners, agencies and organizations.
- Determine deadlines and manage editorial and production/approval schedules to ensure on-time delivery of all blog content, as well as report content when necessary.
- Work with colleagues to analyse performance data and use results to inform future content development.
- Manage own time, prioritising tasks in a fast paced, changing environment and ensure that content is produced efficiently and on time to meet a pre-agreed schedule.
- Work with wider Digital team to develop and implement ONE’s SEO strategy
- When required assist with publishing on ONE’s global social media channels, working closely with the wider Digital Content team and social media leads.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- At least five years of content production experience across digital channels.
- Excellent digital writing and editing skills.
- Experience of publishing using content management systems such as WordPress.
- Experience of working with and editing digital content from external providers.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of digital and social media landscape.
- Excellent experience of managing external relationships with content partners, agencies and other organizations.
- Interest in other digital formats including images and video content.
- Working knowledge of HTML.
- Good knowledge of SEO.
- Experience of digital analytical tools such as Google Analytics
- Some awareness of social media management tools.
- Excellent project management experience.
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Self-starter who can work independently or support others when necessary. Ability to think critically and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong sense of teamwork and collaboration.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working across different regions and time-zones.
- General interest and dedication to the mission of ONE.
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times.
Fluency in English required. Fluency in other languages highly preferred such as French or German is highly desired.
Travel up to 10% international and/or domestic
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
ONE is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please visit the Contact Us page on the web; www.one.org/us/about/contact/). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Due to the high volume of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.