Details: Competitive salary DOE.
The National Immigration Law Center is exclusively dedicated to defending and advancing the rights and opportunities of low-income immigrants and their families. Our mission is grounded in the belief that every American — and aspiring American — should have the opportunity to fulfill their full potential regardless of their color, where they were born, or how much money they have. Using our deep expertise in litigation, policy, and communications, we address issues that affect the lives of low-income immigrants and work with communities across the nation in courtrooms and legislatures to help advance polices that create a more inclusive, just, and equitable society for everyone.
Join our dedicated, collaborative, and fun team as we fight to defend and advance the ideals that our nation is founded on!
Creating an inspired, interactive, and active online presence is essential to increasing awareness of NILC’s identity, adding to our growing community, and encouraging involvement in our state, local, and national campaigns and events. The Digital Specialist will create, edit, produce, and promote digital content for NILC’s rapidly growing online presence. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative and tech-savvy digital communications specialist with a passion for our mission and a desire to mobilize the public to take action. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in social justice, public policy, and the digital skills to help our organization better connect with audiences on a wide variety of platforms. The Digital Specialist will work closely with staff across the Communications Department and report directly to the Digital Director.
This position is based preferably in our Los Angeles office. Applications from individuals who would prefer to work out of our Washington, DC, office will also be considered.
· Social-media savvy. Proficiency in social media platforms, particularly Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Maintain social media posting schedule — draft, proofread, and post.
· Proficiency in content management systems (such as WordPress). Responsible for updating website content, maintaining content calendar for new posts and webpages, and uploading images.
· Email marketing. Help tailor emails to groups of supporters, creatively finding ways to help communicate NILC’s message and optimize delivery.
· Live-streaming. Lead live-streaming on Facebook, Instagram, and Periscope, including scheduling, rehearsal, and all additional preparation.
· Reporting. Conduct regular analysis and present reports on all of NILC’s online advocacy efforts.
· Video and graphic design. Collaborate with the Digital Director in the development of video and graphic concepts that support campaign goals and/or grow and engage our online audiences. Research issues and find available stock and other resources.
· Online advertising. Manage ad campaigns using Facebook Ads Manager, Google AdWords, YouTube ads, etc.
· Monitoring. Monitor news outlets and social media for relevant and topical news pertinent to NILC’s work internally and externally.
· Collaborating. Collaborate with others in the ongoing development of campaign communications and content.
Minimum of 3-5 years of directly relevant work experience is required. BA/BS is preferred. Candidates with some combination of college and/or work experience who can clearly demonstrate proficiency in the skills outlined in this announcement may be considered.
· Demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely.
· Experience using social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter and TweetDeck, Instagram, and YouTube.
· Interest or background in social justice, immigrants’ rights, or progressive social change.
· Demonstrated ability to work with HTML via HTML editing software, such as Dreamweaver or similar software programs.
· Ability to frame issues for specific audiences.
· Demonstrated ability to use digital communications tools to communicate with and motivate target groups to take action.
· Experience in the use of email management tools.
· Ability to work effectively independently and as a member of a team.
· Experience with online organizing and campaigning.
· Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud programs: Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, Lightroom.
· Fluency in basic computer programs: Microsoft Office, Excel, and Google Suite.
· Diligence and follow-through on many simultaneous communication threads.
· Experience with video production and editing.
Don’t think you meet all these requirements or quite fit the box we’ve described? This is a comms job. Convince us why we should hire you anyway.
Benefits include health, dental, and vision; disability and life insurance; flexible spending account; 403(b) employer retirement plan. Excellent time off benefits!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in NILC’s mission and why you are the best candidate for this position, along with your resume and 2-3 digital examples (graphics, social media posts, videos, and/or emails) by e-mail to email@example.com. Use DS318 as your subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Please do not send duplicate materials. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You must have all materials requested and follow instructions outlined above to be considered. No phone calls, please.
NILC is an equal opportunity employer; people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. NILC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship status, ethnic background, religion, political orientation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or any other protected class.