Running Strong for American Indian Youth® is a national nonprofit organization serving American Indian communities throughout the United States. Cofounded over thirty years ago by Billy Mills (Oglala Lakota), we are building a new generation of leaders among today's Native youth.
Not only do we address the physical needs of the American Indian people we serve, but we also foster a sense of hope among people who want to make a better life for their families and create positive change in their communities. We are committed to building the capacity of local Native communities to be well equipped to respond to the challenges they face. Together, we address the important needs of food, shelter, youth initiatives, and culture and language preservation. By supporting Native-led programs, we remind youth to create their own future and take pride in their identity. To learn more, visit www.IndianYouth.org.
The Grants Administrator is responsible for administrating Running Strong's cash grants, ensuring that Running Strong is true to its charitable mission and meets the high accountability standards required of any national nonprofit organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with Executive Director to process grant applications, payment requests, grant letters and agreements, checks, and reporting to ensure Running Strong meets auditing standards.
- Working with the Executive Director and other staff to evaluate and select new grant recipients and monitor the budget and funding.
- Maintaining accurate records in Running Strong grants database; Researching and providing support for capital campaigns or other large grant initiatives.
- Working with the staff and field partners as needed to monitor Water Connection, Heat Match, and Home Repairs programs on behalf of Executive Director and/or staff, including management of applications, processing payment requests and receiving necessary reporting.
- Compiling and maintaining monthly expense reports for Accounting Department as needed; using financial schedules to track grants, income and expenses, and audit needs.
- Working with program partners and staff to develop photos, quotes, and stories about Running Strong work to share with the public.
- Answering queries from potential and current grant recipients.
- Tracking and ensuring compliance with reporting requirements for designated funds from other sources.
- Monitoring grants calendar to ensure timely distribution for partners, solicitation for proposals, and reporting.
- Searching for leveraged funding to expand the reach of program initiatives.
- Attending and/or staff special events on behalf of Running Strong as needed.
- Some travel is required. Travels alone or with other staff for events, to visit program partners or donors when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications required (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, Powerpoint). Knowledge of WordPress and experience with donor databases are a plus.
- Strong initiative and careful attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize and multitask without direct supervision is required.
- 5+ years of administrative experience and demonstrated verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative environment, efficiently communicate with coworkers and supervisors, and remain flexible, positive, and reliable under pressure required. Knowledge of/experience with American Indian communities required.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.50 per hour