The Volcker Alliance is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant to the President. The position will be based in New York City.
The Volcker Alliance advances effective management of government to achieve results that matter to citizens. The nonpartisan Alliance works toward that objective by partnering with other organizations—academic, business, governmental, and public interest—to strengthen professional education for public service, conduct needed research on government performance, and improve the efficiency and accountability of governmental organization at the federal, state, and local levels.
· Proactively manage the office of the President including answering and screening calls, managing the President’s calendar, protecting the President’s time, and adjusting as necessary, scheduling internal and external meetings, and arranging travel.
· Attend key meetings, prepare agendas, take minutes, and facilitate meeting follow-up.
· Coordinate Board of Directors meetings, including preparation of reports, collating of documents, distribution of Board packets, ordering catering, and taking Board minutes.
· Assist with planning for internal meetings and external events, including venue selection, catering, and other logistics.
· Assist in the creation and development of communications from the President and other documents, such as speeches, Board packets, and presentation materials.
· Coordinate the signing, sending, and processing of all documents requiring the authorization of the President’s office.
· Assist the CFO with Accounts Payable and manage the President’s expense reports.
· Perform additional administrative tasks as needed, including providing some administrative support to other Alliance team members.
· BA/BS degree required.
· 6 to 10 years of professional administrative experience, preferably including prior experience in an executive assistant position.
· High level of professionalism.
· Ability to exercise good judgment as well as discretion with sensitive or confidential information.
· A team player with strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
· Flexible and detail-oriented, including excellent organizational skills.
· Ability to proactively follow through on multiple assignments and tasks that need attention simultaneously.
· Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Proficiency in running reports in Raiser’s Edge a plus.
The Alliance offers a comprehensive benefits package with a strong work life balance. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and résumé by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the position “Executive Assistant to the President” in the email subject line