Cloud Forest School
Provincia de Puntarenas
The Cloud Forest School/Escuela Creativa de Monteverde, is a non-profit institution, located on
47 hectares of land, in the Monteverde Cloud Forest. It has approximately 200 students from
preschool to 11th grade. The 95% of the students are from Costa Rica and 5% are international.
75% of our students receive significant financial assistance for the monthly payment of school
Our Mission is "To form bilingual generations with an ecologically and academically well balanced
conscience. We work to provide students with the knowledge, values and skills
necessary to make decisions that are socially and ecologically conscious locally, nationally and
MISSION OF THE POSITION: Direct, organize and control the educational, administrative, financial, operational, human resources, projection strategies and fundraising, among others, in accordance with the formulated strategic planning and the philosophy, mission, vision and values of the Cloud Forest School/Center for Creative Education; with the purpose of ensuring compliance with the objectives established for all areas and ensuring optimal organizational performance.
- Minimum level of Degree in any of the following careers: Business Administration, Financial Administration, Project Management or Industrial Engineering.
- Experience as a head of academic institution
- Additionally, a degree in Educational Administration is desirable.
- Bilingual: Very good level of English and Spanish (oral and written).
- Minimum experience of 3 years in work related to educational management, or business
- administration, projects, marketing or finance.
- 3 years experience in personnel management.
- Knowledge or experience in the management of non-profit organizations, multicultural
- environments, strategic planning, educational and labor legislation.
- Person with excellent communication skills, leadership, results orientation, interpersonal
- relationships and environmental awareness.
- Availability to live in Monteverde, Puntarenas, Costa Rica.
- Lodging in an apartment on the school campus.
- All labor guarantees.
- Excellent work environment, in the cloud forest.
- Work Visa (International Applicants)
- Other benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish: Professional proficiency
English: Professional proficiency
Minimum Education Required