Details: Plus benefits
545 East Lincoln Highway
Coatesville Youth Initiative, Substance Prevention Coordinator
Position: Substance Prevention Coordinator
Agency: Coatesville Youth Initiative
Supervisor: CYI Associate Director of Data and Evaluation
Term: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Coatesville, PA
Start date: Spring 2018/Immediately
Salary: $40,000, plus benefits
Our Mission: The mission of the Coatesville Youth Initiative is to contribute to a vibrant future for Coatesville by engaging youth in experiences that support their success in school and in life, and by uniting a wide range of partners to make the community better for everyone.
Responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing and assessing a community-wide effort which brings together schools, organizations, churches, businesses, media, and residents, in an effort to reduce substance use and other negative behavior among youth in the community, primarily though the implementation of collaboration-based, prevention strategies, including the Communities That Care Model and the Social Development Strategy.
Facilitate the Communities That Care process (an evidence-based prevention planning model) with fidelity to accomplish our organizational goals. This includes the planning, implementation, evaluation, marketing and refining of the work of the Communities That Care strategy within the Coatesville Youth Initiative. Including but not limited to:
- Mobilize the Greater Coatesville Area community to be involved in and take action around substance use prevention, the reduction of problems for youth and the increase of positive opportunities for youth
- Perform community assessments/activities
- Recruit and involve a diverse group of community representatives to serve on working groups to help accomplish organization goals. Specifically representatives from: school districts; health and human service agencies; justice system; business, religious and media fields; and the general public in the implementation of the Communities That Care process within the Coatesville Youth Initiative
- Recruit, train, engage and retain community stakeholders for the CYI Prevention Collaborative Board, which serves as a primary means to gather community input and support the implementation of our community-wide, collaborative prevention efforts, initiatives and/or projects
- Plan and facilitate multiple working group and community meetings
- Develop, in coordination with Coatesville Youth Initiative staff, a comprehensive data collection and administration plan, which includes the sources, collection, storage and dissemination of CYI data. Collect and analyze data to assess substance use prevention needs.
- Create a Community Action Plan, that includes tested and proven strategies with specific outcomes, to address identified community needs as it relates to substance use prevention
- Facilitate the implementation, oversight and evaluation of the Community Action Plan
- Evaluate the impact of activities and outcomes related to the implementation of the Communities That Care process
- Participate in the CTC+ project to implement the latest trends in the evidence based CTC model; and bring other coalitions and agencies together to educate and support their implementation of CTC strategies.
- Plan, develop and implement a large-scale community presentation on the impact and outcomes of the Communities That Care process within Coatesville.
Oversee the coordination of substance prevention related grants within the organization:
- Assist in the development and/or writing of grant applications, concept papers, progress reports, etc. for internal and external stakeholders.
- Support substance prevention grant proposal development/submission; preparing and organizing materials for proposals, and drafting proposals and grant application narratives
- Maintain grant compliance and reporting, including outcome measurement and grant budgets; taking responsibility for meeting high standards of effectiveness, timeliness, and completeness
- Draft compelling and detailed progress reports to funders that fully capture programmatic progress and success.
- Ensure that substance prevention grants are implemented according to the operational and financial needs of the organization
- Research statistics, trends and data for grant proposals and community advocacy
- Support the preparation of financial or budget plans and allocation in accordance with substance prevention grant requirements
- Implement invoicing, accounting, reporting, and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of substance prevention grants
- Keep supervisor informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities
- Manage the collection and maintenance paperwork and other related documents connected with substance prevention grants and grant-funded programs
- Research new funding opportunities on a local, state, and federal level
Represent Coatesville Youth Initiative in the Community
- Attend all necessary local and state trainings and conferences related to the Communities That Care project and substance prevention
- Attend meetings and events that relate to prevention in Chester County
- Work with local schools, education agencies, youth-serving agencies and other community partners to identify and implement solutions to address youth substance use and abuse
- Represent CYI effectively with external stakeholders and at community meetings
- Establish new relationships with youth serving organizations and community leaders in multiple local communities
- Bachelor’s degree, with at least 3 years of experience implementing substance prevention strategies to reduce use and abuse (i.e. drugs, alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, and prescription drugs);
- Demonstrated success with community organizing, health education and group facilitation;
- Commitment to the mission and values of CYI and desire to blend in with the company culture
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision, and collaboratively as a member of a high performing team
- Must: be flexible, have initiative, set priorities, and operate at a high level of productivity
- Experience recruiting and bringing people together around a cause.
- Some experience collecting and reviewing data, and developing and evaluating outcomes
- Demonstrates leadership, initiative and creative thinking skills
- Ability to relate to a culturally diverse population, including the ability to establish rapport and relate sensitively to a multiracial and multicultural group of young people, staff, and community members
- Ability to build positive working relationships with community individuals, groups and organizations
- Experience overseeing community based committees or work groups
- Experience facilitating meetings and building consensus
- Maintain a non-judgmental attitude and maintain strict confidentiality
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to keep accurate records, generate reports, and meet deadlines
- Ability to identify a need, plan a course of action around the need, implement a course of action and evaluate progress related to the course of action.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to clearly communicate work progress, results and needs.
- MS Office Suite and social media proficiency
- Possess a valid driver’s license, auto insurance, clean driving record, and access to a vehicle for travel to and from work sites
- Current child abuse, criminal history, and FBI fingerprinting clearances required upon hire
Medical, RX, Dental, Vision, Simple IRA with 3% employer match
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter (required) and resume as email attachments to Cherry Grubb at: email@example.com or fax to 610-380-0207.
The Coatesville Youth Initiative is an equal opportunity employer.