ABOUT CITY PARKS FOUNDATION
● CityParks Shows brings hundreds of live music, dance and theater performances to communities throughout New York City’s five boroughs. The SummerStage festival presents over 100 free performances and benefit concerts each year in 16 parks throughout the city, ranging from American pop, Latin and world music to dance, spoken word and theater. SummerStage Anywhere, the digital festival for SummerStage, also produces weekly digital performances in music and dance throughout the year online. The Swedish Cottage Marionette Theatre, home to one of the last public marionette companies in the US, presents modern takes on classic fairy tales, and the traveling PuppetMobile presents family-friendly puppet shows and workshops outdoors around the city, free of charge.
● Partnership for Parks is a unique public-private partnership between CPF and NYC Parks that supports and champions neighborhood volunteers by giving them the tools they need to advocate and care for their neighborhood parks and green spaces.
● CityParks Learn environmental education programs help students experience the fun of science, while learning about their relationship to the natural world and the ways in which they can protect our natural environment. We provide environmental science programs for elementary, middle and high school students throughout New York City, serving nearly 3,000 kids through school-day, afterschool and summer programming, as well as credit-bearing training and paid internships for teenagers.
● CityParks Play activates New York’s neighborhood parks with free sports programs for kids, including tennis, soccer, golf, track & field, and multi sport instruction, as well as fitness classes for seniors. We help New Yorkers stay active and healthy, discover new sports, and make new friends.
Our ethos is simple: we believe thriving parks mean thriving communities.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, this position will provide support for all aspects of the Marketing department at City Parks Foundation with a focus on social, digital, and general marketing. This position is responsible for helping to maintain our voice by managing the City Parks Foundation and SummerStage social media channels; ensuring neighborhood residents are aware of our programs through marketing outreach; working with photo/video and assisting in day-to-day marketing needs. This role is an opportunity to work on diverse projects with massive New York City exposure. This position requires strong attention to detail and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
● Assist with all day-to-day marketing tasks for CPF by working on social, digital, and print campaigns for all programs
● Maintain social media marketing across CPF and SummerStage channels including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Twitch, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Tik Tok
● Create, manage and copywrite all content for all social media channels for paid and organic posts, including marketing, sponsor and program partnership posts as well as on-site social media content
● Responsible for tracking and reporting on all social media engagement statistics and following new trends/changes in analytics and strategy
● Traffic all social media advertising content, assets and campaign objectives and strategy to an external social media agency
● Coordinate all marketing promotion outreach and asset management with artist and performer teams and programming partners for show promotion of SummerStage and SummerStage Anywhere
● Collaborate as needed with additional digital marketing initiatives, including email and website
● Serve as backup support for digital marketing needs, including website updates, email marketing, registration form building and additional marketing operational tasks
● Assist with implementation of sponsor and partner social media promotional posts, tracking and reporting
● Work with the department to track and document all marketing campaigns with screenshots and reporting
● Assist in the creation of marketing collateral for all programs and departments (flyers, postcards, posters) in collaboration with an in-house graphic designer
● Assist with scheduling photographers for all programs and organizing/filing and archiving photos
● Support administrative tasks, including but not limited to: updating and tracking all program calendars, organizing printed materials, managing photo archives
● Work with the Marketing team and all program staff to collaborate on any needs
● Support community marketing efforts
● Assist in overseeing the department's internship program and any seasonal marketing staff
● Serve as an onsite Marketing representative at select CPF and SummerStage events to support all marketing initiatives including but not limited to: media partners, photo/video and press as needed, including traveling throughout the five boroughs.
● Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field
● 1-2 years of relevant internship or work experience
● Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to collaborate and work effectively with a diverse group of staff across multiple departments
● Experience writing copy for social media and digital marketing campaigns
● Proficient in the professional use of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitch and Tik Tok
● Proficient in social media paid advertising campaigns as well as social media content and growth strategy, engagement reporting and statistics
● Experience working with Google apps and Salesforce preferred, but not required
● Technical ability or interest in learning WordPress, Eventbrite, FormAssembly, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator a plus
● Highly organized, strong attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple priorities at once
● Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
● A passion for art, culture, sports, environmental education, and/or community building
● Ability to prioritize and to work independently and proactively
● Strong work ethic, enthusiasm, sense of humor, creativity, flexibility, and patience
● Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
● Valid Driver’s License preferred, but not required
● Ability to start work remotely and be available starting in June for in-person work
WORKING FOR CITY PARKS FOUNDATION
Benefits include excellent healthcare and dental package, vacation, paid holidays, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Transit Check program, life insurance, and flexible spending plan. City Parks Foundation is a collegial, mission-focused organization that values its employees and encourages professional growth and advancement.
Interested parties must email cover letter, resume, salary requirements and two writing samples to: MarketingJobs@CityParksFoundation.org. Put “Marketing Coordinator” in subject header. Thank you for your interest in City Parks Foundation, an equal opportunity employer. Only potential candidates will be contacted. No calls, please.
ABOUT CITY PARKS FOUNDATION