Details: $1,307 monthly living stipend
1501 N. 45th St
Community Food Education at Solid Ground supports the health and wellness of communities experiencing poverty and oppressions. We provide hands-on educational opportunities for youth and adults alike, around growing, buying, cooking, and eating nutritious foods. Solid Ground’s antiracism lens frames how we approach this service. Our team of AmeriCorps educators lead classes, workshops, and events, to empower communities to navigate their food environments.
Food and Nutrition Educators will:
- Coordinate and facilitate cooking/nutrition classes with adults and families, using engaging, hands-on curricula in community sites in the Seattle and King County area
- Coordinate and manage volunteers in delivering class lesson materials, in alignment with Solid Ground’s antiracism approach
- Plan and implement Cooking Matters at the Store tours throughout the Seattle area at grocery stores and local community organizations
- Administer and grade survey assessments, enter and track data, complete reports in a timely manner
- Coordinate program administrative duties as it applies to the AmeriCorps position, like weekly food ordering, laundry, dishes, etc.
- Participate in professional development, Anti-Racism Initiative work, and contribute to program development.
$5,920 educational award at end of service. Health insurance and childcare program (if eligible). Student loan forbearance & interest accrual payment on qualifying loans.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
You are really applying to two organizations—Solid Ground and the AmeriCorps program.
To apply to Solid Ground we will need the following:
- Cover letter that demonstrates your passion and fit for this service, and indicates your interest for this position.
After submitting your materials to Solid Ground, we will reach out via email with a link to the AmeriCorps application portal. To qualify for this AmeriCorps position, you must complete their application as well.
You must provide all of the documents listed above to be considered for this position.