3230 Pennsylvania Avenue Southeast
District of Columbia
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for overall upkeep of all office and building related functions and issues including internal office needs and equipment maintenance, and in-house supplies. Responsible for coordinating all office IT systems, needs, and coordinating IT consultants, as needed. Responsible for upkeep of all human resources records/staffing tasks, performing related HR activities and maintenance/regulation of human resources policies and procedures. Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills in order to liaison with vendors across agency functions. The Operations Coordinator will be based the office on Pennsylvania Avenue S.E., Washington, DC 20020.
Duties and responsibilities
Human Resources Functions
1. Ensure all human resource functions run smoothly in accordance with agency personnel policies including but not limited to preparing packets for new staff, conducting staff orientations, maintaining all personnel files, ensuring time sheets are complete, generating monthly leave sheets, coordinating staff reviews, ensuring staff evaluation occurs in conjunction with appropriate supervisors, and other functions as needed.
2. Post, track, and manage all job announcements and subsequent communications, including setting up interviews and managing the staffing process.
3. Liaison with all vendors as needed regarding human resources elements, including health care, benefits, and payroll providers.
4. Manage/coordinate all volunteers including communications, recruitment, coordination, on-boarding and HR orientation.
5. Provide ongoing information and training to staff regarding agency personnel policies and procedures to ensure staff is fully educated and aware of new developments.
6. Utilize Paychex HR Platform
7. Participate in all required meetings such as staff meetings and any other meetings as needed and/or directed by the Executive Director.
8. Report all issues, concerns and challenges to your immediate supervisor or appropriate departmental manager so that they may be addressed and resolved.
9. Perform other tasks and assignments as given by supervisor.
10. Coordinate and ensure all office functions run smoothly, effectively and efficiently including the functioning of all office equipment.
11. Liaison with all staff members to ensure appropriate program supplies and client costs are available at all times.
12. Liaison with all vendors as necessary to support office functions including IT contractors.
13. Liaison with building owners to ensure office/parking/building maintenance and others issues are addressed in a timely fashion.
14. Manage electronic inquiries to organization via email and database for mailings.
15. Work closely with management staff to ensure all financial functions run smoothly including but not limited to management of petty cash, client assistance requests, purchases of gift certificates and client incentives among others as needed.
16. Work closely with Finance Manager to ensure all agency certifications are up-to-date and centralized.
17. Support functions of the Kitchen Pantry program including working with vendors to ensure appropriate certifications and agency compliance with contracts and regulations.
18. Ensure smooth “end of the month” transitions as it relates to program invoices, database management, leave sheets, usage reports for office equipment and other functions.
19. Crisis control when office issues/maintenance needs occur with equipment such as telephones, computer networks, copier, and office machines.
20. Supervise other administrative staff as needed.
21. Generate Check Requests for Accounts Payables
22. Manage online bill payments (STD/LTD, AFLAC)
23. General understanding of (990 process, 1099's, W-4's, W-9's)
24. Process semi-monthly payroll via PayChex HR Platform
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
The Operations Coordinator should demonstrate competence in all of the following:
- Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the agency.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of various programs of the agency, and to create new opportunities for efficiency.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the agency.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the agency.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes; gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the issue (s) with assistance of management, if necessary.
· Preferred credentials: A bachelor’s degree in business administration or human resources management or related field required. Must be accompanied by a minimum of five years work experience in the field with nonprofit office management, Human Resources, and/or Accounting. Ability to develop and adhere to well-defined and workable plans with a proven track record of fiscal responsibility and organizational skills.
· Commitment to the mission: Passion for the mission of The Women’s Collective, including strong commitment to women and families and including some experience working directly with similar HIV/AIDS programs.
· Program management: Ability to develop and adhere to well-defined and workable project plans. A proven track record of achieving objectives and strong organizational skills are required. Strong problem solving and group work leadership skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to work flexible hours, if needed.
· Communication and interpersonal skills: Ability to work fluidly with staff many of whom are women living with HIV/AIDS. Must be able to work flexibly to deal with different cultural norms, educational backgrounds, and professional skills. Be highly motivated, detail-oriented with exemplary communications and computer skills. Should enjoy working in a fast-paced and changing environment.
· Writing and analytical skills: Superb writing skills and the ability to assemble, distill, and analyze all necessary information for decision-making, reporting and presentations. Sound computer skills are a must. Effective oral and written communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
The Women’s Collective is an EOE. It is the policy of TWC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, or physical handicap or any other characteristic protected by law, in all personnel actions.
Excellent benefits that include: health including dental and vision; life; long- and short-term disability; metro; 403(b), Flexible Spending Account, AFLAC, and workman’s comp.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email resume, cover letter, writing sample, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
with “Operations Coordinator” in the subject line. The deadline for applications is ongoing until filled.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
No Recruiters and/or Temp Agencies Please!