500 Washington Street
The Facilities Manager is responsible for the management and operations of PPIC’s offices in San Francisco and Sacramento. This position will ensure the smooth daily operations of the PPIC offices including safe working conditions. The position reports to the Vice President of Finance & Administration and CFO and is a member of the finance & administration management team based in the San Francisco office.
Applicants should be conversant with building and office systems operations, including acting as the owner’s representative with architects and contractors for major tenant improvements, common area build-outs, LEED or other green building initiatives, and ADA requirements. This position oversees leasing, operations, and maintenance for the 500 Washington office building and operations of PPIC’s Bechtel Conference Center.
- Manage all aspects of workspace and facilities operations, including telecommunications, copy services, mail, office supplies, janitorial services, utilities, vendor relationships, catering, and equipment maintenance.
- Direct facility and administrative services, keeping kitchens supplied and clean and reception and common areas neat, tidy, and professional in appearance.
- Supervise administrative and facilities staff in both locations, including making routine visits to the Sacramento office.
- In close coordination with the CFO, establish goals, programs, and budgets, for administrative staffing and function.
- Support all department units and their service needs, anticipating potential requirements and finding innovative ways to streamline and enhance service delivery.
- Plan and implement office assignments, staffing moves, coordinate intra-office moves, furniture placement, ergonomic needs.
- Coordinate aspects of employee onboarding schedule.
- Manage on- and off-site storage and document retention and shredding.
- Oversee environmental health and safety program, including serving as principal respondent to site emergencies, conducting and documenting regular facilities inspections, managing employee health and safety training and guidelines, and maintaining and disseminating the incident recovery manual.
- Partner with Serve as building management’s main point of contact for all facilities issues.
- Coordinate with building engineer on building maintenance, including routine building inspections, oversight of security systems, plumbing and electrical systems, and annual elevator and fire alarm system inspections.
- Assist with special projects, including construction, office refurbishments, and major maintenance initiatives.
- Promote and provide support for LEED, Energy Star and other related “green building and office practices” initiatives.
- Supervise the operations of the conference center.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- 5 years of experience working in a facilities, corporate services, property management, or similar office management capacity.
- Highly organized and focused on project deadlines with superior follow-through and attention to detail.
- Outstanding customer service and strong interpersonal skills along with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Solution-oriented and able to be the first to notice problems implement their solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Flexibility to regularly travel to Sacramento and other locations in California, and to work occasional evening hours.
PPIC values the wide variety of backgrounds and experiences of our staff, and key elements in the consideration of qualified candidates include excellence; diversity of talents, backgrounds, and viewpoints; and a strong fit with our mission of informing and improving public policy through independent, nonpartisan research.
This position is eligible for regular PPIC benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications will be considered as they are received, and the position will remain open until filled. Please tailor your cover letter to highlight how your credentials meet the qualifications listed above. Submit your cover letter as a text document in the field provided, and include your resume as an attachment to the application.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, PPIC is committed to excellence through diversity. We encourage women and members of minority groups to apply.
AA / EEO / Veterans / Disabled employer