Oriana House, Inc., is hiring for Intensive Outpatient Treatment Counselors to join our team! Through individual and group counseling in I-B Intensive Outpatient, our clinicians are responsible for assisting clients in mobilizing their resources so they can participate in the exploration of a problem and its ramifications.
STARTING RATE: $22.50-$26.50/hour (based on degree/licensure)
QUALIFICATIONS: Associate’s degree and CDCA certification required. LCDCIII, LSW, or PC licensure preferred. Maintains the required licensure/certification in good standing. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Familiarity with regulations governing the disclosure of client information and storage of client records required. Must be willing to adhere to the Counselor’s Code of Ethics and demonstrate a positive attitude regarding the disease concept of addiction. Must have the ability to effectively work with Agency employees, outside contacts, and a diverse client population.
Essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to: (Partial duties listed below.)
· Under appropriate supervision, prepares and maintains a confidential, accurate, organized, and updated case file for each assigned client. Maintains the timeliness of documentation as outlined in the Training Manual.
· Complies with documentation requirements as outlined in program policies, protocols and procedures for activities (e.g., assessments, treatment plans, treatment procedures, and in the preparation of required reports.)
· Determines a client’s appropriateness for services using DSM5 /ICD 10 criteria for substance use disorder.
· Assists with intake documentation as necessary (e.g., consent for treatment, consents to release information, initial assessment, etc.) and maintains this information in the electronic health record.
· Effectively orients the client to the facility/program(s) as needed by providing information including, but not limited to: rule infractions that may result in termination, the hours of service availability, clients’ rights and the grievance procedure, and costs for which they may be responsible.
· Develops in collaboration with the client’s Individualized Treatment Plans areas to address identified problems and needs associated with their substance use disorder. During the Treatment Planning process, ranks problems identified in the assessment, establishes immediate and long term goals and determines the treatment intervention(s) and resources to be utilized.
· Assists the client in Treatment Plan: reviews related to new goals, objectives, interventions, and activities, as indicated, and determine the treatment process and resources to be utilized.
· Identifies and explores problems and their ramifications with attention to the clients’ associated attitudes and feelings. With the clients’ participation, examines alternative solutions and develops plans of action.
· Identifies and responds to crises that may negatively impact treatment and where possible, uses the negative events to enhance treatment efforts. Initiates contact with Crisis Intervention Counselor, as indicated, for support and/or intervention.
· Becomes proficient and adheres to the Agency’s treatment philosophy which incorporates Cognitive Behavior Management (CBT), Contingency Management and Self Help meetings.
· Maintains familiarity with currently available community resources and their limitations, the procedures for making referrals, and the confidentiality requirements inherent to the referral process so that community resources are used to benefit clients.
Oriana House Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (including veterans, disabled, and other protected categories) and a Drug-free Workplace.
Full Time Benefits Package includes:
· Medical Insurance and Prescription Card
· Paid Hospital Days
· Eight Paid Holidays
· Life Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· 10 Vacation Days per year
· 10 Personal-Sick Days per year
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Long-term Disability Insurance
· 403(b) Retirement Plan
· Wellness Program and Incentives, including FitThumb Wellness App.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Outside Applicants can:
1. E-mail a resume to ShelbyLStiles@orianahouse.org OR
2. Fax a resume to: (330) 996-2233, attention Human Resources Department; OR
3. Complete a job application at 885 East Buchtel Avenue, Akron, OH 44305 (Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM)