3150 N. San Fernando Rd.
Reports to: Senior Director of Programs
The Program Assistant provides administrative support to all BBBSLA programs by conducting intake and scheduling activities, managing phone and email lines, coordinating transportation, and creating, maintaining, and updating volunteer files. A significant portion of this administrative support will focus on coordinating BBBSLA’s Women in Entertainment mentoring program. The Program Assistant will provide exceptional customer service to all volunteers, youth, and families in all Big Brothers Big Sisters programs.
· Manage WIE phone line during business hours. Screen calls while providing exceptional customer service.
· Manage WIE email during business hours. Troubleshoot requests, reschedules and general inquiries.
· Manage the general BBBSLA email address. Troubleshoot requests, reschedules and general inquiries.
· Confirm bi-weekly site visits with mentors’ assistants; carefully track reschedules.
· Book all rides using Hop Skip Drive.
· Monitor and troubleshoot Hop Skip Drive rides during bi-monthly site visits and one-off trips.
· Track all Hop Skip Drive receipts and record expenses on spreadsheet for budget reconciliation.
· Support other program teams with Hop Skip Drive as needed.
· Provide administrative and logistical support for all program events.
· Digitize archives and maintain digital file system.
· Provide support in the development and reproduction of program and event materials.
· Manage DMV and county level background check process for potential volunteers
· Other administrative duties as assigned.
· Book and confirm all check-ins with WIE mentors, mentees and caregivers.
Manage team calendar for program staff
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Must enjoy working with children and families with a professional, warm and welcoming demeanor.
- Computer literacy to include report writing, excel database.
- Must have excellent writing skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends and early evenings.
· Demonstrated team player and high energy personality.
Experience: Three years customer service experience, preferably working with children and families
Computer Skills: Full competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, bend and drive. Job requires frequent verbal and computer communication. Computer, telephone and fax use are frequently required.
Working Location: Location is based on a percentage of where work time is spent.
Indoors--80% Travel (local) – 20% - job requires travel
Working Location: 100% of time at BBBSLA Office, will share work space and phone line with WIE Program Manager.
Minimum Education Required