441 Saxony Road
Position: Front Desk Office and Accounting Assistant
Status: Regular, FullTime, Non-Exempt
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday. Evenings, weekends, and holidays on occasion.
Reports to: Executive Assistant and Office Manager
The Front Desk Office and Accounting Assistant is responsible for everyday office tasks, receptionist duties, multi-tasking, and basic accounts payable processing for Leichtag Foundation and its subsidiaries.
About the Leichtag Foundation
The Leichtag Foundation ("Foundation") is a private independent foundation located in Encinitas, California, with a strong interest in advancing the North County coastal region of San Diego where our founders Lee and Toni Leichtag, of blessed memory, lived and worked. The Leichtag Foundation also supports programs in Jerusalem, Israel. The Foundation currently holds approximately $112 million in assets and has granted about $104 million since its inception in 1991'more than half of this since becoming independent in 2008. The Foundation focuses its philanthropy on combating poverty and increasing self-sufficiency for residents of coastal North County; supporting and inspiring vibrant Jewish life in coastal North County; stimulating renewal, service, and social activism in Jerusalem, Israel; and building strong connections and relationships between San Diego and Israel.
In 2012, the Leichtag Foundation purchased the former Paul Ecke Ranch in Encinitas, California. The Foundation's goal for this 67.5acre agricultural property, known as Leichtag Commons, is to create a physical platform for the advancement of the strategies listed above and a cultural and community resource for the San Diego region. With breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean, a network of greenhouses, barns and other structures, and easy access to the public, the property is situated in an ideal North County location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Office Administration (50%):
- Greeting and directing all visitors to the correct destination
- Managing the daily calendar for Leichtag Foundation meeting rooms
- Coordinating and scheduling meetings and appointments as directed, which includes ordering food, room set up, technology set up and troubleshooting, and any other meeting logistics
- Assisting in coordinating an active calendar for Executive team members, as directed
- Answering incoming calls, screening/directing calls, and taking and relaying messages to the appropriate team members
- Coordinating messenger and courier services
- Retrieving, receiving, sorting and distributing incoming mail
- Preparing outgoing mail for distribution
- Monitoring incoming emails and answering or forwarding as required
- Faxing, scanning and copying documents
- Maintaining office filing and storage systems
- Updating and maintaining data in various databases, such as contact records and activity logs in our CRM system, internal staff email and phone lists, and internal staff birthdays and anniversaries
- Retrieving information when requested
- Coordinating and maintaining administrative records and listings, such as company credit cards, memberships, associations, subscriptions, dates and times of all events and meetings held on property
- Typing documents, reports and correspondence
- Organizing travel arrangements for staff as assigned
- Attending meetings as directed, note-taking, as well as, communicating follow up and action items
- Monitoring and maintaining office supplies
- Ensuring office equipment is properly maintained and serviced
- Performing work-related errands as requested such as going to the post office and bank
- Keeping office, reception, and meeting areas clean and tidy
Accounting Assistant (40%):
- Collect, verify and organize vendor documentation including W-9, Certificates of Insurance (COI), invoices, contracts, agreements, credits, receipts, and statements
- Review and reconcile invoices, check request, and expense reports for appropriate signatures, account codes, dates, and discrepancies
- Enter all invoices, check request, and expense reports in QuickBooks
- Pay vendors by preparing checks with supporting documentation
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements. Enter new or update vendor data
- Provide accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to the AP function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain proper documentation both hardcopy files and electronic via Sharepoint and Quickbooks
- Provide back up support and cross-training with administrative staff, as needed
- Assist in audit and tax filings
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications and Experiences
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exceptional customer service skills; cooperative; strong team-player
- One to three years of work experience required, preferably in an office setting
- One to three years processing accounts payable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with Quick Books, or similar platforms, and CRM systems
- Outstanding verbal communication skills with the ability to anticipate requests, potential problems and act to resolve in real time
- High level of self-motivation with the ability to manage priorities and work independently
- Commitment to the values and mission of the Leichtag Foundation
- Superior and consistent attention to details
- Excellent written, listening, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills, and strong ability to keep track of projects
- Poised and works well under pressure and in a fast-paced changing environment
- Able to manage goals and meet deadlines
- Able to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- High level of discretion and ability to handle confidential issues
- Flexibility and willingness to work simultaneously on a wide range of tasks and projects and ability to prioritize tasks
- Pleasant, diplomatic manner and disposition in interacting with senior management, co-workers, and the general public
- Commitment to continuous improvement
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- College degree in related field preferred or relevant professional experience
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Bilingual(English/Spanish) preferred
Wage is commensurate with experience. The Leichtag Foundation offers a competitive benefits package.
Typical Working Conditions
The Front Desk Office and Accounting Assistant will work inside an office, as well outdoors on occasion. There will be exposure to Southern California outside temperatures, chemicals used in the agricultural industry, and loud noises.
Essential Physical Tasks
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Continuous walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, lifting and carrying.
Computer, printer, office equipment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.