320 West 37th Street
The People’s Forum is a new non-profit that will operate a gathering space in mid-town Manhattan for non-profits and grassroots groups who are working to effect meaningful social change. It will comprise many different spaces under one roof for co-working, conferences, media screenings and production, art production, a lending library, classes on a variety of subjects, coffee bar and cultural venue in the evenings. The People’s Forum is scheduled to open in Summer 2018.
Our Mission: The People’s Forum is a movement incubator for working class and marginalized communities to build unity across historic lines of division at home and abroad. We are an accessible educational and cultural space that nurtures the next generation of visionaries and organizers who believe that through collective action a new world is possible.
- Develop and lead the implementation of marketing and communication strategies across web, social media, print and other marketing channels
- Lead digital content marketing strategy, including conceptualizing, planning, creating, placing, and repackaging content to build awareness, drive engagement, and improve conversation of audiences such as existing supporters and donors, priority influencers, and prospective new donors
- Regularly monitor performance across all channels (including social and web analytics), suggesting tactical adjustments as necessary and providing weekly, monthly, and annual reports on all campaign activity as well as comprehensive end-of-campaign reports
- Maintain organizational file server
- Design flyers, posters, and other collateral for print and electronic outlets
- Act as a brand management lead to ensure that all marketing and communications materials maintain visual and verbal brand consistency
- Edit video and photos of events, classes, workshops, etc. to create promotional material
- Set-up and manage the ongoing maintenance of marketing and communication related accounts such as Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, MailChimp, etc.
- Create a regular newsletter that is distributed to our subscribers
- Create a regular newsletter that is distributed to our 200 partner organizations
- Manage the calendar of all external marketing and communication activity
- Collaborate directly with partner organizations to develop collateral for confirmed events, workshops, classes, etc.
- Regularly update and maintain organizational website
- Maintain communication with marketing related vendors including ordering printed materials as needed
- Prepare all press releases, maintain communication and relationships with news and media companies
- Bilingual with the ability to translate and update the website and other marketing materials from English to Spanish
- A knowledge of industry best practices, standard operating procedures, and new approaches to digital communication and marketing
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Excellent copywriting and copy-editing skills
- Time management/organizational skills
- Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and ability to multitask
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree and/or record of continuing professional development preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in marketing and communications with an emphasis in strategy and planning
- Working knowledge of CRM database management, WordPress, MailChimp and other marketing related software
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. We provide excellent benefits including full health insurance, life insurance, a 401(k) savings option, and paid time off. Additionally, our employees have full access to events and classes hosted at The People’s Forum.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest in this role and The People’s Forum along with your resume and a writing sample. Applications can be sent to the General Manager, Marita Phelps at email@example.com. Please include “Communications Manager” in the subject line of the email.